Discussion With Friends After The CA... Generation Demo & Blood

by BroMac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I see this a lot. It seems they are just present at meetings and going through the motions,very few really understand recent changes. The organization is a social club to more than a few Witnesses. As long as they make it into paradise,they don't care much for the "deeper" things.

And I agree about the older Witnesses,my mother is the same way. They are suprised when you show them "new" light.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I won't be attending the one day assembly this year with my wife. I'm pulling away from all of that.

But I will tell her to look out for the skit on the generation overlapping changes though I doubt it will phase her.

Kinda make you wonder what the hell they learn for all the meetings they endure.

Well said, my wife is quick to point out that she goes to the meetings to learn, not to be entertained. Yet, I know more about her doctrines than she does.

Strange.

In spite of what they say, people don't go to church for doctrine.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is a common conversation with my wife. Her knowledge as many JW's have, is limited and surface. I've seen her ck the CD a few times after conversations. I haven't let her know that I'm aware of her checking on what I say

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

JWs are like parrots. Well trained!

During the Watchtower Study and the Congregation Bible Study (Book Study) the publishers will without thought or undestanding repeat the words that are in print of the WTBTS.

• nugget
    nugget

It is not unusual for Jws to be phased by doctrinal changes. They don't have the time to absorb every detail and the way doctrinal changes are swept past them it is little wonder they have difficulty. What is shocking that they are ignorant of decisions that will directly impact on their health and well being. The Gb really needs to get a grip on this although I suspect they don't care since the change to the doctrine was due to legal pressure.

• sir82
    sir82
    Does the Borg leadership like it this way or does it frustrate them?

IMHO, they don't care what the R&F believ or don't believe. Their concern is obedience. So long as the R&F are compliant, submissive, and obedient, that's all that matters.

To that end, producing confusing and illogical doctrines and policies serves them well. People just throw up their hands and say "whatever - these guys (the GB) have it all figured out and that's good enough for me".

• Bella15
    Bella15

I just receive my medical records from the hospital I gave birth to my babies ... I found the No Blood release form I signed for my first baby in 1997 --- I read it and I thought to myself "how stupid I was" to this day I know NOTHING about blood transfusions and here I was making an "INFORMED" decision ... yeah right !!! I didn't even think of my baby girl, I was going to leave her orphan if something happened ... the Gift, the Blessing, the blessed fruit of the Womb that God gave me ... where was all that talk about children being a blessing from the Lord there ...

So yes, I subscribed to the "doctrine" but I didn't, still don't now anything about it ...

I didn't know that Jesus, according to the Watchtower doctrine, was not my mediator either ... and many more stuff

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The GB really needs to publish a special edition of the WT to bring the idiots up to speed.

"Hey, dummies, THIS is what you now believe!"

• BroMac
    BroMac

thanks all for the comments, i'm hoping something i said may have made just one person who was there think, my approach so far has been 'casual'.

the hardest thing at the moment though is FS & Talks. I dont mind the bible highlights, but some service meeting parts make me ill. being the WT reader for the 'mentally diseased' article was kinda tough.

@garyneal: the generation demo is at the 2 day

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    what?? from somebody else's blood??!!!"
    errr.. yes, and absolutely no official scriptural reasoning, been like that for about 10yrs now.
    "how can that be???!!"
    .....well it seems like it's now a conscience matter
    "conscience.. from somebody else's blood??!!!"

I think you are doing mighty fine in making 'em think.

I don't know if you plan on exiting, but know that you've probably made an impact on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit