Question for atheists and nonbelievers

by pressman 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pressman
    pressman
    stan livedeath, "what was the question?" the main question and point of this thread is in the last sentence from my post which reads, "would you be entitled to accept the lord and obey him if you can have the satisfaction of not really agreeing with him but worshipping him because it is the right thing to do?" just ask yourself what if and maybe you will see the light that is the one and only great spirit.
  • pressman
    pressman
    newyork44m, you ask why you life is pretty good even though you are a skeptic of the Yah. well, the answer would be because he loves you and all his creatures. he is not going to be mean to you just because you do not believe in him. people should know that already. all our savior wants you to do is recognize him in union with the holy ghost. come on. is it really that hard?
  • pressman
    pressman
    data-dog, you know it is very sad that you are being sarcastic in your post because what you say in it is the absolute truth. god allowed us to be obligated to enduring agony for a reason. We should not be judging him because we get so much from our God. if anything, he should be judging us.
  • pressman
    pressman
    calebinfloroda, i am supporting their personal decisions. i am preaching to all who want faith and I am giving advise to those who believe in false stories told by scientists. I believe you should appreciate me more. Truth is found outside of the bible. yep your right. However, the main truth and the truth that will help you to know the Lord is in his scriptures.
  • pressman
    pressman
    I can see most of you did not answer my original question. as i told stan, my question was at the very end of my second paragraph and it asked "would you be entitled to accept the lord and obey him if you can have the satisfaction of not really agreeing with him but worshipping him because it is the right thing to do?" That is indeed the case with most of you. you do not agree with god so you probably have gone with all the false theories and explanations of his non existence. suppose god let you worship him and not particularly be in consent to his rule. Would you show your true self and confirm to the holy one or be blind like most people and choose not to believe? please give me an honest answer because it is sad that you cannot see him and how he is there with you in spirit. I feel bad because of that. I believe that this disbelief in god will drag humanity into globalization, destroy global identity , and the most sublime mentality that humanity ever created is christianity. The only reason why most people say that we who trust in God are ignorant is because they want to do what they want so they don't have to have true wisdom like i have. I advise everyone to not be like them but be willing to love the creator and ruler, the Almighty savior of the masses.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

pressman, "...it was the great Allah who gave you the power beneath him to get you up from your costar."

The great Allah? Are you Muslim? If not why do you use the name Allah? And what is a costar?

• cofty
    cofty

Pressman - Calm down.

There is no god, no judgement, no sin, no need of a redeemer.

Just be as decent as you can manage and stop fretting.

• pressman
    pressman
    village idiot, i'm a freedom believer. I appreciate all the beautiful names of our great god. costar? I meant keister.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    Are we being pranked?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    would you be entitled to accept the lord and obey him if you can have the satisfaction of not really agreeing with him but worshipping him because it is the right thing to do?

No one has answered your question because it doesn't make any sense. Despite what you think, I didn't stop believing in God because I didn't want to believe him, I actually wanted there to be a god, but I can't believe in something just because it's comforting, or makes me feel better or it's what my parents believed. I even attended church for a while, hoping that some level of faith would return. It didn't. I know what I know. The evidence is overwhelming to me.

I see no evidence of his existence and quite a lot that indicates he doesn't exist. It's like someone demanding you believe in the Easter Bunny. Imagine your question as if it was from an Easter Bunny true believer.

would you be entitled to accept the Easter Bunny and obey him if you can have the satisfaction of not really agreeing with him but worshipping him because it is the right thing to do?

How would you answer that question? You couldn't, because you find the idea of the Easter Bunny to be ridiculous, a children's fable. Even if the special bunny believer said he had some magnificent, secret knowledge or experience that proves to him Bunny exists, you wouldn't believe, it's just not remotely possible. That is exactly how I feel about your claims.

I am glad you are happy in your faith, but I don't understand why you can't conceive of someone simply looking at the evidence and finding it lacking. Frankly, it makes you seem a little odd. I think you mean well, if you aren't pranking us, but you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit