What if a Bible movie . . .

by NewChapter 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bella15
    Bella15

I once read that God only gave 10 Commandments and like Moses said, he added NO MORE ... the Israelites wanted to be like the nations around them ... well to these very day those nations around them practice that same law the Israelites put themselves under ... ancient civilizations were brutal ... anyway these got me thinking ... also I read that very easily the Israelites wrote that after the fact to excuse themselves with "God made me do it" --- we will never know I guess ... I think that we as Christians take everything so literal ... Jewish people are different and the scriptures were entrusted to them ... I personally choose to believe that "God so loved the world ... "

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That's the thing Bella---you personally choose to believe God loved the world-----

But plenty of other people can choose to believe that God ordered the genocide of the Canaanites. You can say God didn't order it, the Hebrews wrote it later to absolve themselves---but then Jesus never seemed to say a word about that so it is simply conjecture on your part.

Moving on, wouldn't it be compelling to tell one of these women's stories?

11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife.

I mean how loving. They get a whole month to mourn the slaughter of their entire families! How kind that they have so much time to heal from the trauma of watching their parent's entrails spilled on the ground. Then they get to shave their heads and trim their nails and get Married! I'm sure they just rejoiced when they heard the Israelites were coming. I hear they got a whole new wardrobe too!!

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit