One of the dilemma facing Christianity today.

by jam 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• factfinder
    factfinder

The Bible does not say anything about the age of the earth.

My forefathers WERE enslaved in Egypt.

• tec
    tec

Agreed that the bible says nothing about the age of the earth; nor does it say anything about transitional kinds (in denying them or promoting them). How has science proven that Hebrews were not enslaved in Egypt? I was pretty sure that there IS evidence of that.

Peace,

Tammy

• Bella15
    Bella15

JAM says: . I am trying desperately to believe in the Bible once again.

Bella15 recommends: Isaiah 40:26 Look up into the heavens. Who created all the stars? He brings them out like an army, one after another, calling each by its name. Because of his great power and incomparable strength, not a single one is missing.

JAM even these days I get spiritually overwhelmed sometimes, especially when I look right, left, back and front then I remind myself to look up the sky, I take a deep breath and let my Spirit talk to Creator God, just stand still and let God talk to you, it is not wonders that you will see, but eventually when you look for God wit. all your heard and mind, you will start hearing a small still voice talking to you. God knows who, out of free will, is looking for Him. Go outside and look up the sky night or day and tell God "here I am" and pour out your heart to Him, but remember to be quiet at some point so He can talk to you. Also like I say don't expect any wonders right away if you don't really mean to find God (The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Jesus said: 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me); also some in the spiritual realm have a vested interest in you ... the accuser will be ready to point to the fact that as soon as you didn't see, hear, receive what you were asking for, you give up. You have to have unwaivering faith and know that you know that you know that God has not asked to be seeked in vain. There are no words to describe a personal relationship with God, it is gift especifically designed according to your own need and desires. God treat us as individuals, not cookie-cutter. Your experience will be unique.

I am moved to teas that you are looking for help here, but keep pressing and looking UP THERE ... because there is people that is really looking for God ... and He is also looking for that kind ... reach out to Him ...

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Chron 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 ..You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

“When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek” (Psalm 27:8)

"And when you search for Me with all your heart you will find Me," declares the Lord. "I will let you find Me!"...and if you continue in My word, ...you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free." Jeremiah 29:13-14 and John 8:32 The bible will have a new meaning to you once God starts talking to you through it too... bible prophecy can't be denied.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

JAM, what are you trying to believe the bible to be?

Momotheisim tends to be defiend as the believe in only ONE God but is perhaps more correctly defined as the believe in ONE SUPREME God.

Certaibly the fallen angels could have been viewed ( and were viewed) as gods by some.

Many theories abound on the subject and one example is that the "pagan" gods that infulenced people to do horrific things such as human sacrifices were really fallen angles, perhaps even THE fallen angel ( who we call Satan).

• jam
    jam

Bella 15 and Psacramebto:

People seek God for A variety of reasons. Some

think their search will lead to more clarity or

A greater sense of purpose. Others are looking for

something to numb their pain. I fit into this group,

curious and just want to find out what,s true.

I must admit, the experience of being A JW have

turn me against religion.

Most of my life , God was in my life. So what happen,

lost faith. But I still read the Bible almost everyday.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Seeking God is great but th ebible is but ONE path to God and not THE path.

For a Christian the path is Christ and while the bible can lead you TO Christ (in particular the NT) you can't find Christ IN the bible, you can only find Him in your heart and with Love.

The bible points the way ( for some), yes but it is just ONE of the ways in which God reveals himself and in the b ible God is "incompelte", only IN Christ can we "see" God as He truly is.

The bible helps us to "see" that God is love and grace and is there for Us, but to KNOW that we must KNOW Christ and to do that we must love and accept Christ and NOT a collection of books ( no matter have valuable they may be).

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Thanks Tammy for your honesty. I am trying desperately
    to believe in the Bible once again. If we could only separate facts
    from fiction, wouldn,t that be great.

Did you read the thread here on JWN about the reclaiming of the Bible by the ex-bishop Spong? He suggests that in order to maintain credibility (and sanity) modern christians are going to have to recognize that the Bible contains things that are not "literally" true - as much as that will agonize JWs as well as many fundamentalists.

• jam
    jam

Thanks James, I guess I miss that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit