New here - I'm pretty wordy, sorry

by lilbluekitty 38 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Jamiebowers -

My parents (and very haughty sister, among others) shunned me when I was living with my husband before we were married but once we got married and I went to the bros. they talked to me again. My husband's family couldn't understand why they didn't go to our wedding, that was pretty embarassing. Anyway some of my family knows I haven't been to a meeting in awhile but they figure it's just another bout of depression, I tried to tell them but they just keep telling me that leaving the organization is the same as turning my back on Jehovah, which I disagree with. I'm still a Christian.

Anyway, thanks everyone for welcoming me =)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Welcome Blue squinty eyed octo legged creature with an exposed brain...

Your life had a shitty start and a shitty middle...

But you know what?

You don't have to have a shitty ending!

You have maybe another 60 years in front of you so go get the life you deserve and not the one others tell you to have!

All the best lilbluekitty

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome lilbluekitty . . . nice to have you here.

You're among friends.

• leavingwt
  • designs
    designs

Blue

Take the time to be good to yourself.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Blue. I am the granny on board.( 84) My advice is quit going to the KINGDOM HELL
    I made 10 people JW,s It is MIND control.... Sounds like you married a good bloke l,
    I now know religion is NOT the answer . A Personal relationship with the WAY! TRUTH! LIFE!is
    The Bible tells us that is Jesus .Talk to him...

Mouthy

• N.drew
    N.drew

Welcome Blue, I hope you feel like staying! It is not too wordy. Everyone has their own style, and it is fine.

Something I did not understand as a "witness" is that Mr. Rogers of "I love you just the way you are" fame

was not loved by Jehovah for everlasting life because of his religion, even though I beleived him to be a

better person than most of the witnesses I knew.

I LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!

Blue find your peace with God, please don't stop seeking! Keep what you learned that is good

and true and trash the rest!

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Hi Blue! Nice to meet another Aspie. :) My son is 11 and also has Asperger's. He is diagnosed, I am not, but I have all the signs of it. (I'm looking into how to get a diagnosis. I only know of docs who diagnose children, not adults, so it's been a little bit tricky.)

I don't talk much on here, but I read a lot.

I agree w/ the others.... read the books they've suggested. And read a lot of the posts here. I've found them to be VERY informative.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi! JustThatGirl007 quiet is a virtue! I just wanted to say Hi and welcome you too. My sister has the same handycap, so I understand your struggle somewhat. God bless you!

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Thanks, N.drew. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit