"There will be 0% Unemployment in Paradise"

by Sour Grapes 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches it will be a top down government originating in heaven with God giving authority to Jesus and the 144,000 in heaven as they rule over the angels and through the elders on earth through Abel, Abraham, Enoch, Noah, Job, etc., who will be on earth in Jerusalem.

The WTS calls it a theocracy like jws live under a theocracy now....crap...it is a dictatorship.

• Intel
    Intel

Nope. You don't trade anything. You will do EVERYTHING yourself - this is the explanation that some Brooklyn-bigwig gave me. Yes, my friend, be prepared to spend hard days producing your shingles from clay....naked, shoveling with your barehands! Once you have enough shingles, YOU and only YOU get up on that roof of your miserable little mansion and layout the shingles....there is no such thing as "John's Paradise Roofing"-company in "Jehobahs Yellow Pages - serving you since Armaggedon fried the old Telephone book". Nope. You will lay them quick and dirty, because rain is such a bitch on your living room carpet that took you 23 years to string together with fingernails and teeth - again: naked!

Then you will dedicate yourself to construct a god damn shovel....because, you know, you hate diggin your fingernails into the dirt. You will start ore mining and using your toenails you will scratch rock to get basic metal splinters and then you will create a fire and melt this shit and create your basic shovel (did I mention that you are still naked, because your lazy wife takes forever to string a thread that is long enough to clothe you and your children and besides that she is still working on the red yarn, which means you will all look like stupid shitheads).

Sounds like fun. Takes lot of millenia until you find out that your life is living HELL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....(you will one day USE that shovel to kill Brother Thorn by beating him endlessly....I promise.)

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "There will be 0% Unemployment in Paradise".....

r

That's because they'll all be SLAVES!!! Social progress will be regressed, not move forward!!!

Zidshe devil smiley

• Twitch
    Twitch

I recall a discussion on the topic with my psychologist, almost 20 yrs ago now. He was of the opinion that the jw org works because it's essentially a microcosm, a functioning society within a larger one and that it wouldn't work without something to work against. The basic premise wouldn't work on it's own since it's basic principles are based on having a "boogeyman" i.e. the world at large and/or other beliefs. Without these, a radically different belief system would be required. One could only wonder what would ensue if all current political, religious and social boundaries were removed within the jw org.

I heard that my psych had passed away a couple years ago. It brought a few of our discussions to mind and some ideas I'll never forget.

• undercover
    undercover

That's because they'll all be SLAVES!!!

Yea... my first thought was, "there was 0% unemployment on the antebellum plantations as well. Didn't mean it was a paradise though..."

• sir82
    sir82

Economics is just another of the dozens of sciences that the WTS has no flippin' clue about.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There will be a 0% unemployment rate because they won't keep track of or pay those without work. They'll just send a couple "shepherds" up to you and they will tell you: "get to work!"

Everyone will work and it will ALL be free (aka slave) labor for the Borg.

Paradise? Not really.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Already they have zero unemployment. There is a big catch--the pay is also zero.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    you will one day USE that shovel to kill Brother Thorn by beating him endlessly....I promise.

That would be ME!!!! I would beat him Like Cain Beating Abel......

And in the New Scriptures Billions and Billions of Perfect People will learn of the Story of Charlie Brown and Thorn!

• Intel
    Intel

Hahahahaha charlie brown jr. fortunately we all know that this is a fantasy that will never happen. So, you will not be able to shovel-kill Br. Thorn....sorry for that. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit