That crazy FDS and the GB connection...or lack thereof.

by Aussie Oz 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The whole FDS and the GB representing them is a huge jump of impossible logic...

If the WT do not by their own admission, count the annointed nor know how many real ones there are, if they dont consult the remaining ones, the faithful slave how the hell can the GB 'represent' them?

I mean, how can I for example tell the world that i represent the people of my town in Parliment if not only have they never met me, i have never so much as asked one single towns person anything? If i don't even know how many people live in my town? Thats just not how it works.

I am amazed at how gullible i was in the past life to have swallowed that crazy crazy idea!

Perhaps it may be claimed that jesus has the FDS as his rep, but there is no biblical statement that this mysterious slave (class) would have a rep of their own as well.

Wake up JWs...

• man oh man
    man oh man

The part about this that cracks me up is it is causing a division between the gb and some of the annointed. There calling each other names even. They are starting their own blogs and websites. It is quite hilarious. Will the real apostate please stand up!

• nugget
    nugget

It is very sad that people who are supposed to be ruling over us in heaven have all these divisions amongst them. When they get to heaven what are they going to do put 143,993 out to grass whilst 7 or maybe 12 do all the real ruling?If the 7 on the curren GB don't agree amongst themselves and have to apply a 2 thirds rule what happens in heaven will the rule apply or will Jesus make the decisions and they rubber stamp them?

Certainly there is no apparent agreement at present and no attempt to engage with those who consider themselves to be of the annointed class. The GB is a closed group exhibiting all the symptoms of group think.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

manohman...what blogs and websites???

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Aussie Oz: I am amazed at how gullible i was in the past life to have swallowed that crazy crazy idea!

I can't tell you how many times I've had that same thought over the past couple of years since I left the WT Cult. And I like to think I'm smart! Apparently not smart enough.

You might want to take a look at this recent thread where we've been bouncing around similar ideas/questions regarding the FDS & GB:

The Faithful and Discreet Slave - A JW Myth

There are a lot of really good comments and observations. In particular I'd encourage you to read those by:

Enjoy!

Daniel

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I still want to know what blogs and websites

• JWB
    JWB

To the question "Who really is 'the faithful and discreet slave' from a legal point of view?", I would answer that all one needs to do is look inside the Watch Tower Society's publications to see who owns the copyright to the 'spiritual food' as well as looking at the evidence from the Society's own publications:

"Quoting from the [Society's] Charter: 'The purposes of this Society are: To act as the servant of and the legal world-wide governing agency for that body of Christian persons known as Jehovah’s witnesses;'" (Watchtower 15 December 1971, page 759)

"They have a legal organization known as the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania. This organization they use as a servant or steward to plan their activity and to provide them with spiritual food." (JW yearbook 1970, page 64)

So, the Governing Body of JWs is really the representative of the CORPORATE 'slave/servant/steward' whose identity is the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania (even if they try to deny it), and NOT 'the anointed' as JWs think!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Meanwhile ... What blogs and what websites?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Ditto...websites and blogs?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

websites and blogs please!

Sooooo, the real faithful and discreet slave IS a corporation.

then they must be prosecutable too.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit