Book study potlucks/treat-nights/ice cream soicals, etc.

by Joliette 24 Replies latest jw friends

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Yes, it was called "Cake Night" in my area. I was lucky enough to be assigned to the book study group that had it every month. Someone once brought a cake that read "For everyone but [elder's name]." The elder of that book study had a sense of humor and laughed. Then the book study groups were stopped and so did cake nights. I missed those since it was interesting to see what others brought and it was fun to bring surprises.

Link related: www.cakewreck.com

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Not a good idea, they build up friendships, interchange of encouragement and stimulate the mind. The gradual morphing of the Halls into a cold, joyless, careless and devoid of humanity entity, cannot be stopped. No Sugar for the faithful!

• karter
    karter

I had the book study at my place for many years.

We had "Refreshments" after till i got sick & tired of food being trampled into my carpet so i stopped it.

The B.S group was being split up and the conductor said there would be a supper after the B.S the next week as it woul'd be our last.

News to me everyone arrived with plates that i told them to put back in their cars.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

We were the only bookstudy group out of 6 that had "Coffee Night' once a month.

I think they only allowed it because it was in the home of an elderly couple.

It wasn't long before they SHUT IT DOWN.

I mean, God Forbid we should have any fun.......

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Missed this thread last time round.

Of course the GB are responsable teary, They just dont put it in writing.

Among the real purpose of the CO and DO is the dissemination of shit they wouldn't dare put in print. (among them some really far out assembly parts in the past)

Including the end of the bookstudy. These guys are the foot soldiers of the society, they spy out the land and report to HQ who send back the stratagy to combat things they don't like going on. The job of the CO is to 'spin' the new deal.

If the GB, the society or the elders were concerned about fuel usage of publishers all they have to do is cancel that waste of time feild service!

And naturaly, some strong willed congregations will find other ways to have pot lucks.

The change didn't produce what the spin said it was for either... how many jW families actually use the 'free time' to have family study?

It did produce what the spin lie was for.... less time to actually talk freely.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit