Evolution Thread to continue conversation with BIOFLEX

by NewChapter 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The military holds many competitions between friendly nations ( and internally of course).

Canadian snipers have the official longest shot ( in Afgahnistan), but I think that a Navy SEAL has the longest unoffical.

Its very good commardarie.

I still speak with a few buddies, some still in but most are out.

My most memorable moment was doing a HALO with some SAS guys, crazy brits, LOL !

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

More inline with the theme of this thread, something I found on another website:

To give another example, if evolution were a real science, biologists would be able to predict what the next species to evolve would be, as well as which population groups within a species were more evolved than the norm. They would be able to discern the connection between race and evolutionary development in humans. In fact, given the pressure that human activity is putting on various environments, we should be seeing more and more species evolving every more rapidly in comparison with the more sedate natural changes in various environments over the years. But that does not appear to be the case.

And appeals to time don't wash either. Homo sapiens sapiens is supposed to have evolved to full modernity 50,000 years, a process that is said to have taken 150,000 years. But since there are 59,811 species of vertebrates, even if we assume that the complex human evolution is the norm, we should be seeing a new vertebrate species evolve once every 2.5 years, (and a new mammal species every 27.3 years) even without the increased selection pressure of human habitat modification.

Now, there have been a number of new mammalian species, mostly lemurs and monkeys, discovered since 2000. So, perhaps there is some evidence for this process, if any of those species can be determined to be newly evolved rather than merely previously undiscovered. But the observable fact remains that evolutionary biologists, and many other scientists in other fields, simply don't even think in a systematic manner that would allow them to perceive the logical holes in their fundamental models.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit