one more time...

by mankkeli 5 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

where does god belief come from? Please I need constructive opinions.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Probably...

Humans had hard lives and they had little understanding of their environment. Life was so fragile--it was so easy to die by disease, animal attack, nature or accident, and lifespan was short. Crops could be easily wiped out, etc. Probably out of despair once in a while they'd yell out, "Why? What can I do? Who can help me?"

Humans are pattern seeking. They noticed after they asked the universe for help twice, the crop didn't fail. So they made up a story to explain it. Must be another being helping them.

Everything else flows from there. Why can't we see him? Must be invisible. Why can't we hear him talk? He wants us to believe in him without hearing his voice. Why do bad things happen if he's so powerful? He's testing us, or another evil guy is doing it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I love the one who gave me the wind and the scent of flowers and snow flakes. I wonder Who it is?

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Our life force has to have come from somewhere. No one can duplicate it. Spirits exist. They are a part of us and they exist outside of us.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This is my take on it.

I classify myself as a spiritual atheist. I dont believe in god as it has been represented to us but I understand mans inclination to look to a higher power. In the beginning they formed various myths and legends to explain the unknown and the un-explainable.

In time other's who sought to control and rule people found it easy to use these beliefs to control and subjugate. Religion is the ultimate refined whip of control and enslavement.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Richard Dawkin's moth illustration is perfect. Check it out in the God Delusion. If you don't have it, I'll explain in a nutshell later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit