Beware the educated, they are mentally diseased.

by JonathanH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/files/2011/10/norwegianposter.jpeg

Saw this poster on a website and I had to post it here. I think it really shows the twisted way of thinking that witnesses have cultured into them. They turn virtues into vices, and vices into virtues. The greatest virtues of the post enlightenment era such as debate, free thought, and intellectualism are recast as horrible satanic vices. Suddenly they are "sick with debates of words", and "independent thinking", and "haughty" for questioning god's faithful and discrete slave. You could just as easily replace the faces at the bottom with the faces of the governing body members running in terror. One of the greatest crimes they have committed against their members is the insistance that anything beyond learning a trade is considered poisonous "high education." Learn carpentry, not biology. Learn plumbing, not philosophy. Take automotive repair, stay far away from comparitive religion, or any of the humanities for that matter.

Somebody should print this out and put it on the doors of kingdom halls, or at the very least on their facebook pages seen by witnesses. Sadly it would probably go over their heads. The Orwellian double think is strong with that group.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Like some other religions out and about, the WTS. deems higher education as a possible intrusion to their power and control over people.

The WTS. has for many years down played education as being pointless for the time of the end is so near.

As well as to say Universities and Collages are places of ungodliness and it would wise for their members to stay clear of these

organizations and their possible influence.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Awesome, JonathanH. I'd love to see a version with the tyrannical despots replaced by GB members.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They turn virtues into vices, and vices into virtues.

Well said JonathanH

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

GREAT poster!!

Thanks, JonathanH!

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Love it JonathanH!

Its strange... i understand why i was SEVERELY discouraged from going to uni. It had nothing to do with morals or debt. It was simply because at university you are taught to use your head and view situations and problems from outside the box. One of my JW friends noticed that as I was progressing through uni i was becoming more critical of the organisation, which she said was dangerous. She said that human wisdom would bring me away from Jehovah. Oh to the contrary!

Human wisdom made me realise that this organisation is far removed from the bible. From studying the bible, i have become closer to God and his son.

Anyway, the picture makes me feel proud to be educated.

Thanks for posting it. xxx

ps. I know a Jonathan H... He is a very educated man too, and a part of me could see him on this site actualy. :)

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

It couldn't be me TimothyT, I'm not educated yet, lol. I'm in college now working on a Degree in Engineering, and might double major in Mathematics, but we'll see. Either way, I value education tremendously, and I see ignorance as a powerful evil in the world. Ignorance is a vice that the society has elevated to a spiritual virtue. The less you know, the more pious you can be. One is made to feel guilty to indulge in too much literary theory, political science, or real science, and they shouldn't touch philosophy with a ten foot pole. Orwell would've been proud...or rather horrified.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Awesome!!! Lol! This is hilarious. Yeah I just wish it had GB members and elders at the bottom of the pic. I love the helicopters flying around and shooting at them! I'll post this on my FB.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Engineering, eh, JonathanH? Mechanical, Civil, other? Keep up the good work. We need more thinkers.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I haven't decided 100% on which engineering degree, but I think I'm going to go for electrical. MAYBE mechanical, but I don't really have any interest in civil. In the university I am going to, the electrical engineering degree comes with a minor degree in mathematics, just by virtue of the classes required. If I want to get my degree in Mathematics as well, that would just put me a hop, skip and jump away from a major since I will have the minor already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit