WORLDS APART~TEEN JW MOVIETONIGHT ON SUNDANCE @ 7 EST.

by AK MCGRATH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Hi all!

I was just flipping through the channels to find something for the woman I care for to watch, and I came across a movie tonight on the SUNDANCE channel called, "Worlds Apart". It is about a Jehovah's Witness teen who falls in love with someone who is not.

Although I can't watch it now, I am taping it. I couldn't look to see if it is a documentary of sorts, but I bet it will be interesting to say the least.

It's on at 7 pm tonight, Eastern.

I'm sure it will be heart-wrenching and will bring up moments of anger. At least those are the feelings I'm anticipating.

If anyone watches it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, even if it includes spoilers. I only hope it has a happy ending, which you know what that means~she says bon voyage...to the "truth".

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I bought the video and played it at "Family Worship" night, my wife didn't appreciate it, my kids were disturbed by how the girl was treated.

It is a good movie. I think it had been uploaded to youtube.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Recording! Thanks for the heads up

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Wannabe~Oh, that's great you have family worship night. Sorry your wife didn't enjoy it. I'm guessing she is an active "JW"? Sorry, I don't know everyone's back story. How old are your children, and do they attend the meetings? Perhaps that movie had a positive influence about the "truth"..positive they want to leave it, that is.

I called home & my g-friend is recording it for me...yay! I'm glad to know it might be on youtube, also.

Thank you.

ps: You're welcome NewChapter :)

• meangirl
    meangirl

I wish I still had Sundance channel....I do want to see this. Maybe I will see if it has been uploaded on YouTube.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The real JW cameos at the end of the movie,,blonde on train smiles at the actress playing her.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Note all the little details in the movie that only a JW would think to include such as the society calander hanging on the wall etc.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

So the movie is based on a true life experience, and is not a pure documentary. By that I mean, the actual girl was not being filmed and followed around. I suppose that could never happen though with JW parents, though.

Glad to know some of the details that have been provided. Thanks ya'll! Makes me want to see this all the more so.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I tried to see it on You Tube...kept getting the Spanish Sub titles. It wasn't shown on the Canadian Sundance Channel

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Excellent movie, still have a Tivo copy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit