Addicted to "apostacy"

by agent zero 13 Replies latest jw friends

• agent zero
    agent zero

I get to work, turn on my computer and right away open a tab for JWN, and scan through all the new topics and updates on other interesting ones. Then i leave that tab open all day long to look at the threads when i have time. Then i go home... and read Crisis of Conscience!

This stuff is totally absorbing me! a part of me is sick of this religion and just doesn't want to think about it. but on the other hand, it's so fascinating to see what's going on with it around the world, and behind the scenes, and what will happen next. and it can be discussed from so many interesting angles. i'm hooked.

A0

• Joliette
    Joliette

I agree. I'm in the same boat as you.

I want to move on, but theres SOOOOOO much that I'm finding out about, I think I'm addicted to doing research.

Besides doing research on the witnesses and the watchtower, I've been doing research on other religions, and polticial dynasties.

Just loving it. So much I didnt know. Wonder if the fasanation will burn out?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Let's face it... The reason most people become JWs is because they're hearing stuff that is revolutionary and life-changingly different. Now, we're learning new things that we never heard as JWs and we're having yet another rebirth as we take the next step along our path of enlightenment. I consider JWs a stepping stone to truth. They consider themselves the destination, but that's idolatry; Jesus is the destination. Remember how excited we were to hear "the truth"? Well, the actual truth is that much more exciting.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

JWs and "path to enlightenment" do not belong in the same sentence. The Borg is a giant cow patty on the path to enlightenment.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

addicted myself.... but in a way I feel it's a healing thing... it's up on most of the computers at work and my work mates pick on me....

• d
    d

I agree I am also hooked. We all have more of interest in the Jw's as Ex Jw's then those that are still in the religion.

• agent zero
    agent zero

d, i agree, we have more interest in the religion, and also i find we know/learn more about it here than in a KH.

• steve2
    steve2

Some people are addicted to reading the Bible every day, or praying or reading "Bible-based" literature. When I was a JW, I'd feel uneasy if a certain period of time (e.g., 30 minutes) had elapsed during the day and I hadn't silently prayed to Jehovah.

Humans are creatures of habit. It's normal. The only time I'd be worried about my habits of everyday living would be if they in some way impaired by work performance or other duties I am required to perform each day. Otherwise, I wouldn't calle my habits "addictions" - which implies an automaticity and beyond-my-control element.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Don't be alarmed because of your obsession with this stuff..... what it means is that you have a strong spiritual connection or calling. It most likely means you're a very old soul... this is a very good thing.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Deprogramming requires a heafty dosage of validation and this site provides unlimited opportunities for it.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit