Watchtower Known for Flipping Properties for Profit

by breakfast of champions 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I thought Witnesses were known for spreading the Good News of Gods Kingdom. Check this out.

link

Page 5 in particular

• zoiks
    zoiks

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011310100027

" Visco has said that she wants to build the church so it’s closer to Edison residents than Jehovah’s Witnesses halls in Plainfield and Metuchen. The latter is 3 miles from the proposed site.

Jehovah’s Witnesses have flipped properties for profit, said Robert Spiegel, executive director of Edison Wetlands Association and commissioner of the Dismal Swamp Preservation Commission. According to land records, the church has flipped properties within the past six years in Washington, D.C., and Brooklyn, N.Y.

If the tax-exempt organization does the same off Alexis Lane, residents would have little say in what goes in its place, Spiegel said.

“It strikes me as so hypocritical that Jehovah’s Witnesses want to destroy something as unique and precious as the Dismal Swamp Conservation Area,” Spiegel said. “This isn’t a battle about religious freedom. They don’t need to destroy a pristine ecosystem. I don’t have anything against religious freedom. I just don’t want to see the swamp destroyed."

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks for the assist, ZOIKS!!! Having troubles with cutting and pasting my HTML on this goddamned iPostatePad!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Bumping my Scandalous Scoop!

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

Not really 'scandalous' in the least bit. Just the wild accusations of a lone crazy tree hugger trying to hold up development at all costs. He has probably thrown out just as wild of accusations (if not worse) at everybody else who has tried to develop land in that area.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't see flipping properties as an unChristian act in a capitalist economy. It is what they do with the profits that matters.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why should any non-profit be allowed to profit tax-free? Not paying 'Ceasar's things to Ceasar' is unChristian, IMO.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

TEARY - yes, you have a point. I just find fascinating that their "agility" in handling real estate is so well known...

MADSWEENEY - you summed up my feelings. What a racket!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit