Have you read Crisis of Conscience and still remained a JW in good conscience?

by mankkeli 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Ding is right on the money.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I think most JWs feel that they did this when they got baptized as JWs, that they tested all things and committed themselves irrevocably to "Jehovah and his organization." They see any further investigating and testing of the organization to be a rebellious dishonoring of this commitment.

I completely agree with everything you've said on this thread. Like others have stated, you hit it on the head. It's a pity that active JWs don't place 1 Thess. 5:21 into context and recognize that the admonition to "test all things" was aimed at active Christians while they were Christian, and therefore an ongoing obligation during the course of one's Christian life. I don't know why they don't see that, or how they can leave their minds at the door before entering. If one doesn't test all things, how does one know who the false teachers are? And though JWs might think they have tested all things beforehand, you and I and others here know full well that's simply not true. New converts don't know the half of what really goes on in there. They're just lying to themselves. More on the JW Thought Process Here: JW Thought Process

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit