Creepy photo of the day

by kurtbethel 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I don't know about others but even at the age of 14 when I started to give talks, they really scared the crap

out of me. I was in a rather large hall of about 150 + people, so walking up on the podium with a microphone

pushed in your face was quite an undertaking. Whats the rush to indoctrinate a child into the faith anyways,

are people just doing this so god will have favor upon them, come Armageddon ?

• erbie
    erbie

I thank the cult for all the books and magazines-it was a harsh winter last year and the furnace needed feeding!

I think my neighbours must have thought I'd elected a new Pope.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

To think that these baby boys are seen as being more 'qualified' to speak from the platform than any mature sister in the hall, including elders wives....jeez!

• stillin
    stillin

I don't think I would have any problem with a woman/sister speaking directly to the congregation. It would beat the hell out of the current arrangement of doing just that but pretending they aren't.

I agree with elderelite that I'm grateful for the public speaking ability that I've acquired at Witness meetings. Born-ins take it for granted, but those of us who were once phobic overcame huge obstacles to get in front of a group and speak.

• Scully
    Scully

My eldest child was reading before the age of 4. In kindergarten he was invited to do a reading of Thomas' Snowsuit by Robert Munsch at a school assembly. One of the Elders™ overheard us talking about how excited we were over this invitation, then came up to us and basically told us that if he could read a silly kids' book at a school assembly, then he should also enrol in the Ministry School™ - you know, to keep things "balanced". We let him do a single bible reading, and he never wanted to do another one. In fact, the experience turned him off doing anything like it again. Blessing in disguise, I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit