PART 2 - PESTILENCE - How The Watchtower Distorts Facts and Builds Fear

by KingDavidwasframed 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    The reality is that in the US the things most likely to kill the average witness are heart attack, cancer or an obesity related condition.

That says a lot. The reason for increased deaths from heart conditions, cancer and being too well-fed is that we are so unlikely to die from anything else first. Today a few dozen deaths from food poisoning are a crisis, literally front page news. Just a few generations ago, it would be nothing out of the ordinary. For great-grandma, botulism from improperly preserved food was a real threat. With all the doom-and-gloom pronouncements from fear mongers like the Watchtower, Harold Camping, politicians and the "news" industry, it's too easy to lose appreciation for how lucky we are, living in a golden age.

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

To comment on 00DAD's post, Yes, I agree totally. It is more than mere coincidence that the richer you are, the healthier (and in today's world) the longer you will look better than compared to people living in poverty. Access to better health care, less time working with more time for recreational exercise and affordability of vanity operations all contributes.

Also, I notice that those in affluent neighborhoods spend less money on items that will not return on investment such as tattoos and piercings. However, I feel they use just as much (if not more) drugs and alcohol. I do notice though that there are very few tobacco smokers among the rich compared to the poor.

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Did not mean for that to be all bold - nothing meant by it

• 00DAD
    00DAD

KDwF - FYI: You can edit your own posts for 1/2 hour after creating them by clicking on the little pencil & balloon icon on the top right of your post. I just learned that myself a day or two ago!

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Thank- you 00DAD, I did not know that

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Your most welcome, KDwF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit