Simplified literature?

by irondork 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

I've been seeing comments made about this but have not really paid much attention. When did this program begin?

I wish I could have been there to hear how the convention speaker presented a dumbed-down version of the Watchtower to an arena full of people who have been discouraged from education in the first place.

Awkward moment, perhaps?

Probably not.

• Caminante
    Caminante

irondork, the simplified study edition of the Watchtower magazine began being published in English on an experimental basis starting with the July 15, 2011 issue and will be published for at least one year, and continued if it is considered useful and fulfilling in its purpose. Second, a brochure was released at this year's district conventions, titled Listen to God and Live Forever. That brochure, intended to replace the brochure Enjoy Life on Earth Forever published in 1982, uses a simple language, but still it has a more simplified edition (without almost any text), titled Listen to God.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Actually, I think the WT simplified version started in January this year.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It astounds me. How could the watchtower get any more simplified?!!?

• blondie
    blondie

I think it was announced in January 2011 to start with the July 15, 2011 WT.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/208872/1/Simplified-Watchtower-beginning-with-July-15th

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

it has a more simplified edition (without almost any text), titled Listen to God.

If they only publish pictures without any words, they be confident that what their (non)printed words will not come back to bite them in the @$$ in a few years. Or, it keeps them from having to change the wording when they re-print the next edition.

DOC

• sir82
    sir82
    It astounds me. How could the watchtower get any more simplified?!!?

The standard version is written in language 10 year olds can decipher.

The simplified version's target audience has the reading comprehension of 5 year olds.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, I guess with the 'ban' on education they gotta dumb down as the JWs will be shedding IQ quicker than a corrupt statement from the lips of a GB member.

I pity them.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

See spot run run run run dick and jane and sally great writing style for future mags

• punkofnice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit