When you reach the end of the universe...

by speechless 17 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Maybe you're only walking on the inside of the balloon, which is actually the outside too, because it curves into so many different dimensions.

Expatbrit

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

You would run smack into god whooping Russell and Rutherford's ass!

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion
  • julien
    julien

speechless,

Sorry my analogy wasn't specific enough. As stated, clearly the bug is outside of the balloon. As such it is a 3d bug outside of a 2d world. In reality the bug must be 'in' the skin of the balloon. From such a 2d bug's perspective, the world is a 2d flat plane extending in all directions. However it is not infinite, it is closed. Now extend the concept to 3d space. Go in any direction and you will get back to where you started. Read the book Flatland to understand where I'm coming from.

• borgfree
    borgfree

There is a scripture that says God stretched out the universe in front of Him. That is not a very good quotation as I do not have a bible here, but if that is the case, then there is something beyond the universe.

Borgfree

"True patriotism doesn't exclude an understanding of the patriotism of others" Queen Elizabeth II
  • TheEye
    TheEye

If you want to know what is "outside" the universe, then the answer is other universes.

• Valis
  • borgfree
    borgfree

I was sure I had read the scripture I tried to quote above in some translation, but I could not find it. The closest I could find are these, from several translations:

Hebrews 11:3
    By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Job 9:8
    He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.
    (Whole Chapter: Job 9 In context: Job 9:7-9)

Psalm 104:2
    He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent
    (Whole Chapter: Psalm 104 In context: Psalm 104:1-3)

Isaiah 40:22
    He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Zechariah 12:1
    [ An Oracle ] This is the word of the Lord concerning Israel. The Lord , who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares:
    (Whole Chapter: Zechariah 12 In context: Zechariah 12:1-2)

Hebrews 1:3
    He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the [Literal translation.] out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high,
    (Whole Chapter: Hebrews 1 In context: Hebrews 1:2-4)

Isaiah 65:17
    For behold, I create [A new universe is meant here. The Hebrew language has no single word to express the concept of cosmos or universe, so heavens and earth are substituted.] new heavens and a new earth. And the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.[Isa. 66:22; II Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1.]
    (Whole Chapter: Isaiah 65 In context: Isaiah 65:16-18)

Borgfree

"True patriotism doesn't exclude an understanding of the patriotism of others" Queen Elizabeth II
  • 2SYN
    2SYN

There is no such thing as going to the end of the Universe, because the Universe is a 4 dimensional hypersphere. People have already given you anologies about the true nature of the Universe.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit