So why did the organisation cause you anxiety or depression?

by TimothyT 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

trueblood, I'm so sorry! What can a person do when they suffer something so awful, nobody will believe it? That is what our faith in God means. I know God sees and Jehovah knows. Funny how the same people who condemn the imaginary god for killing the Baal worshippers are the same people angry at the imaginary god for keeping out of our business. Talk about cognitive dissonance. I call it the Grand Cannon theory of thinking pattern. You got people's thinking patterns existing on the two sides of the abyss. What's a person to do?? Maybe they love being bird like more than anything. Get it? Only a bird can go back and forth over the abyss. Birds. Brother birds.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Honesty said it well!

I am much happier allowing myself and my children to have friends (imagine that).

I am much happier without the threat of the Great Tribulation hanging over my head.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They virtually took all my time away from me. I wanted to simply put in a reasonable and prudent amount of time, an amount that would be sustainable. And they kept wanting more and more--I wanted to go in at noon, and they would try and keep me out until 4 PM despite knowing I had to work that evening. Or, they would try and get me out in the morning despite knowing I had to work the night before. And, when it came to donations, if they thought I had surplus toilet papers, they wanted them into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund instead of letting me buy new records, tapes, electronics, and other items I wanted or needed.

Finally, they tried pulling that sxxx with a pledge form. I signed one pledge form for a Kingdumb Hell build (which we did not need), and pledged around 30 toilet papers a month. Immediately upon donating the first installment of that, I had nothing but bad luck. I ended up making about 7 of those cursed donations when I decided to stop (and they were afraid of the demons in my music). That was it--if Jehovah was going to curse me for donating, I wouldn't donate even a swastika (or anything else of minimal value) to the Kingdumb Hell build. Upon which, a few years later they tried shoving another pledge form in my face (they did that to the whole congregation).

With that one, I simply took it home and "forgot" to bring it back. After the horrible experience with the first one, I wasn't going to donate anything this time. So, I made the next boasting session, and the hounders wanted me to return my pledge form with a big fat pledge. Upon hearing I left the old one at home, they shoved another one in my face and insisted I fill it out with the hounders watching. I could not do that--so I took that one home where it joined the first one in sitting. And I missed the next few boasting sessions. My pledge was to not donate anything of even infinitely tiny value to this cursed project. And, wouldn't you know--the damn Kingdumb Hell got built anyways!

Now, if they are going to force me to donate to things that bring nothing but misery, what else could they force me into?

• LV101
    LV101

OMG -- i could write a book and i was only there part-time for about 6 yrs. --- gads alittle longer than i thought! from loaning out a car (jaguar) to being hounded for money (a couple of elders were always pimpin' for one of the young pioneers and her loser husband --- OMG), EVERY MONTH IT WAS SOMETHING AND I WASN'T even baptized YET!!!! I had decided to never become baptized because i did not fit in, BELIEVE ME! one buffoon was always hurting for money and pawning off that stupid Lladro (which i hate --- it's beautiful but not my taste). honestly, if i wrote everything i'd have to go commit myself in the mental hospital. YOU HAVE NO IDEA. this WAS ONLY the simple stuff.

i had loser elders jerking me in the back hounding me for money before i was baptized and IF THEY EVER COME AFTER ME i can't wait --- I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF (real dirt) on these people. MY LEGAL IS FREE JUST LIKE THEIR STUFF and i have judges, too. besides that my toe tipped out of the water so i didn't take and i love halloween so maybe i'm possessed. possessed against that demonic CULT. like my husband says --- they aint gonna mess with him!

• LV101
    LV101

let me be clear --- i love giving and will always help my friends/family but 99% of the ones i was asked to give to had already taken and/or advantage of me (my stupidty!) or did something evil. THEY DON'T want to work but take from others and then turn evil again. they hate anyone that has anything. it doesn't matter how hard one has worked in school, in the world, notha!

the watchtower has failed miserably teaching love, work ethics, kindness, MANNERS!!! OMG. HOW MANY invitations are stuck in your face (people that have NEVER, EVER, BEEN KIND until they want something!!) and never a thank you card. THEY ARE FARM ANIMALS!

• White Dove
    White Dove

For me my whole life, it was about being left out of everything good and fun.

If it brought me happiness, it was wrong.

I never wanted the JW religion to be the truth and only stuck with it for so long because I thought I had to for the New Order.

I didn't want to get destroyed. Stay in and suffer now and get the reward beyond my dreams later.

Later, what got me out was realizing they were the same Pharisees that Jesus went on about.

I compared the scripture about knowing they were Christ's disciples by the love they had for others.

It didn't match up.

Case closed.

• myohorengekyo
    myohorengekyo

Because it seperated me from people because of superficial crap,like sexuality..

• lola-rabbit
    lola-rabbit

The list is sooooooo long... everything said here covers it. They crush every feeling, and emotion in people. They are like the Men in Black with that little brain machine... lol, I don't want to be a JW zombie anymore!! I WANT OUT!!

• Quendi
    Quendi

I sought counseling after my very best friend committed suicide. I couldn't understand how any of Jehovah's Witnesses could do such a thing, and then subsequently found myself on the brink of self-murder. My therapist was absolutely wonderful as she gently helped me ask the right questions including some about basic Witness teachings and beliefs. Those counseling sessions saved my life.

Quendi

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

My feeling was a sense of frustration, I couldn't even quantify it before my awakening but I think looking back it was just 30+ years of resentment. I had spent my whole life adopting someone else's opinions, ideals, aspirations...somewhere deep down I knew they didn't belong to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit