JW's and music

by Pink Floyd 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I have to say, thank Jehovah for allowing this wicked system of things to last long enough for mankind to invent the Walkman twenty years ago, and most recently, MP3 players, thereby ensuring privacy when listening to music the WT doesn't approve of. On one hand I wouldn't argue that some rap music, some metal, some punk, some R&B, some Soul, etc., have questionable content for a Christian. I agree with the analogy that if you don't participate in the questionable behavior as spoken of by various rappers and bands, then how do you justify listening to it? The Devil's Advocate side of me however can't help but notice that the same people who dislike the content in rap music, love watching Law & Order, or CIS. My own mother would toss my rap CDs in the rubbish, and then sit down and do what she loves best other than pioneering. That being crime based TV shows which she doesn't even call by the correct title. She'll say, "It's time to watch Jessica!!!!", in other words, Murder She Wrote. Or she'll go, "It's time to watch Jack kick some butt!!!!", in other words Law & Order. She loves reruns of that skank with the irritating voice in the mini skirts, Fran or somebody. My brother in law, aww man, he'll never listen to rap music in a million years, but violent action movies.......loves em!!

Applying that same magnifying glass upon hypocritics and flunkies, it's fascinating how the WT loves ranting and raving about the violent entertainment of the world, meanwhile they're printing literature that encourages hating former JWs, and barely stops short of giving the stamp of approval for JWs to go out and kill former JWs. To satisfy the blood lust they're fostering through the literature, they provide so called encouragement and reassurance telling their pew to just wait on Jehovah who's soon going destroy all nonJWs in the most violent of ways possible, but keep in mind that when He does this, he'll be keeping His promise of not doing so via Flood waters again. He might open up the earth like a huge vagina and swallow Korah-esque apostates, or he might give Ministerial Servants the ok to hunt down couples who didn't marry only in the Lord, and have them drive spears through those couples during their intimacy just like Phinehas. Maybe JAh will bless children with spirit annointed slingshots just like a young David, and those children will be able to sling rocks at their teachers heads for not allowing them to do a book report based off of The Bible Teach book. Regardless of how its done, it's encouraging to know that it won't be via Flood like those wicked worldlies in Hollywood that made the film, 2012.

• erbie
    erbie

Ahhh, I remember when Nirvarna headed Reading Festival in around 1990 or so. Magic!

That's before I became knotted up with the Jobies. They put an end to all my fun-temporarily.

They even stopped me going fishing. They have no fun in them do they.

• angel.face
    angel.face

I went to a JW dance party a few years ago. They put on Destiny child's "lose my breath" and one sister nearly had a break down and tuned it off.. 'this is club music' she said. LOL
    At my wedding when the 'worldly' dj played 'YMCA' the elders nearly tackled him down to change the song. He was so confused and couldn't understand what was wrong with the ymca.

I always loved blasting dancehall cause no one could understand the swearing.

• d
    d

I remeber at party in 2003 one of the Jw sisters, said no play MJ or Aliyah. The party was actually pretty boring compared to the ones I go to now.

• lohengren
    lohengren

I used to have my school friends make cd's for me that I would play in secret on my walkman. I listened to all kinds of music, most of it considered "bad". I would get paranoid and hide these CD's in various places in my room.

A couple times my Dad found them, or caught me listening when I thought I was alone. He would then take the CD out to his truck to listen to it, then a few minutes later he would come back for me and we would listen to it together. He would stop the music after every curse, or objectionable lyric and look over at and ask if I thought Jehovah approved of that. Then he would bust out his bible and throw some scriptures at me. This was torture of the highest order and would usually end up with me shedding tears of guilt.

It was some years later before I discovered the greatness of the mp3 player. Now I could listen to all the satanic music that I wanted without fear of forgetting CD's in hidden places, and even if my dad saw my mp3 player he was too dumb to operate it.

Thanks Satan!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The WTS is always against whatever music is currently popular among teens. If you go back to the 50s, you'll find articles about how evil jazz is and how true Christians should avoid it. In the 60s it was rock and roll, in the 70s disco, in the 80s, heavy metal, etc etc. They are all about keeping the young people from enjoying their lives.

• talesin
    talesin

Supertramp worships Satan? ahahahaha!!! I need one of poopsie-cakes gifs!

Saw them when I was 17 ... and twice more. Lucky me left the JWs at 18, and got to experience most of the music of my generation.

Before I left 'home' though, it was severely restricted. I was permitted my Neil Young my absolute favotire, Carole King, the Bee Gees ,,, but KISS (you know, Knights In Service of Satan! LMFAO) and Styx (another personal favorite), as well as the usual mentioned above, were strictly verboten.

Have you listened to Beastie Boys at all? License To Ill is excellent,,, favs "she's crafty" and " no sleep till Brooklyn" , also Ice-T and oh yah,,, Metallica!!!

Okay

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit