Home Memorial Commemoration

by irondork 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

We're a few months out but I want to start getting some ideas.

For those of you who commemorate the Memorial at home, would you please share the format you use. I don't intend to return to a JW-hosted event again.

Thanks!

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Great question. I would like to know too! Should we partake??

• Diest
    Diest

I hope you partake....otherwise it is just a black mass lol.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

It seams to me that Christ was very clear about this at John 6:53-56, "Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him."

For those who like myself, will not drink alcohol this site might be of interest: http://www.yrm.org/wine_or_grape_juice.htm

The unleavened bread is simple. Mix water and flower and role it out thin and bake. You might find other instructions online. I believe there is a recipe on the WT Library CD too.

My opinion is, this isn't a spectator sport like the JW's think it is. This is between those who except Christ as their personal savior/mediator and Jesus. Jesus was very clear about those who do not partake.

If you do not mind drinking alcohol then there is nothing wrong with going to the Hall to partake. I think it would set a good example.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think it means spiritually eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Doesn't it?

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

@ N.drew

I am not sure what you mean. If you mean we don't literally eat Jesus flesh and blood, of corse that is correct. These emblems are symbolic of his flesh and blood. Jesus explained that here at Matthew 26: 26-28, " As they continued eating, Jesus took a loaf and, after saying a blessing, he broke it and, giving it to the disciples, he said: “T AKE , eat. This means my body.” Also, he took a cup and, having given thanks, he gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of YOU ; for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins." I do believe that all who profess to be Christians that follow Christ are commanded to do this.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Thank you, Greybeard. Believe me, I really aprecciate your response.

• irondork
    irondork

Thanks Grey beard!

Interesting article about the grapes. I was curious about that also because I don't drink alcohol anymore either.

I'm hoping my roommate will join me (she's presently kinda-sorta fading a wee bit at a time) and so I was wondering what kind of formal ceremony I should conduct. Obviously the only format I'm familiar with is the JW format; say a few words about the sacrifice, "144,000" (LOL - NOT gonna happen) and then say a prayer before passing the bread and wine.

I had already made the decision to partake as I understand the scriptures quoted above, along with several others, to point in that direction. I can't find any class distinction in the scriptures pertaining to the partaking of the bread and wine.

• N.drew
    N.drew

No, I mean like prayer is spiritual, eating his flesh is spiritual. Like "food at the proper time" is spiritual.

In other words one can "eat" and "drink" it without any food (wafer) or drink (wine).

I'm not saying it is one or the other. It means as real food makes one grow, and real drink

refreshes, prayerfully eating and drinking Jesus means real understanding.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Hey Look,

I have an idea...what if there was "a plan" for all who "fell away" to attend the memorial in 2012 and PARTAKE?

Look we could get one person to every hall (like Santa does on the 25th of Dec) and then voila CHUG it ALL Down, obviously at a KH that you are not known, Surprise Surprise Surprise

I think the #'s would be staggering " 200,000 + partook of the emblems, surely they ALL MUST BE NUTTERS" that would make the JW's get talked about ...so devious, so much fun to plan

Who is with me????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit