Know any Rich JWs?

by skeeter1 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The ones I knew that were fairly well off, usually had a full roster of witnesses on payroll. One of them insisted on paying all his employees as contractors so he could avoid paying for benefits.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Because of where I lived, I knew quite a few well-to-do witnesses. I also knew a few truly rich witnesses. Surprisingly, in the rich congregations, well----it's not so unheard of to send a child to college. Although even some of the well-off brothers didn't want to send their children to college. I guess they didn't want them to have a better life---which is a natural desire of all parents.

NC

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A few elders in my old Hall were rich not extremely so but they wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Cadillac or Mercedez Benz for themselves.

I remember the PO at the time giving a Sunday talk about materialism and the pursuant want to exceed in this world.

After the talk, I noticed he had on what looked like a expensive silk suit, then me and my JW buddy went outside to look at his brand new

Chrysler Imperial a very expensive car at the time. Obvious he didn't understand what hypocrisy is.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

We had some rich ones in our cong.they had nice houses and cars and went on great vacations. i didn't care mostly they were pretty generous and had some fun parties for everyone

The ones I didn't like much were the self righteous ones condemning everybody who seemed to get any enjoyment out of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit