Creating God in Our Image

by PSacramento 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

According to Genesis, God created Man in His Image:

"Let us make Man in our likeness"...

But according to many it was MAN that created God in His Image.

And perhaps they may be right.

While I certainly don't agree that IF there is a God, we created Him in Our Image but Ido agree that, as humans, we created our UNDERSTANDING of God in Our Image.

That is why we give God the qualities we posses:

He gets angry, He is jealous, He is vengeful, etc, etc

I don't think it is possible for Us to understand God OUSIDE of what we know of ourselves so yes, we "imprint" ourselves unto God.

When we fight and when, God is with US !!

When we fight and lose, He is angry with Us ( or else we would have won of course).

Since, in our view, God is all powerful then IF He allows certain things then He must, like WE WOULD, condone them, right?

I mean, doesn't that make sense ( for us)?

We search for God ( when we do) and we want to find US, the God WE want, the God WE THINK MUST be and when we don't find THAT God, then NO GOD exists, how can he?

If God isn't like what we think he MUST be, then how can God exist?

He must be like us, think like us, feel like us, want and need and look at things like US.

How can he not be like Us?

So, yes, it is true, we do create God in our image.

What other image CAN we create Him in?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good observation, and very true from whatever perspective you are coming from.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Be careful of the ghods you create. They may manifest some day.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This sounds unlike you, PSac.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    So, yes, it is true, we do create God in our image.
    What other image CAN we create Him in?

We can't know god as god knows god, otherwise we would be gods too, n'est pas?

So no, we cannot know god in any other frame of reference other than our own and thus, we make him like us.

As for images and interpretations, the proof of how we know god is all around, in every religion and belief that's existed since the dawn of time. It is the same thing by different names to different people and beliefs, who have all been searching for the same thing, since the beginning and to the end of time. Unless of course, I'm wrong in my understanding of him,..;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit