Is Disfellowshipping a form of Bullying?

by Quarterback 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Again, on Anderson Cooper's show today, he had a topic of Bullying. I thought that subjec related so closely to the Disfellowshipping practice

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

absolutely

• Dudu
    Dudu

I think so ...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Of course. Bullies control through intimidation. They inflict pain when they don't get their way. Bullies don't only hit, they spread vicious rumors, try to turn your friends against you, and get as many people as possible to gang up on you.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I totally agree with NewChapter.

It is a most vile and despicable form of bullying and there is absolutely nothing Christian or loving about it what so ever.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

In a word, yes.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Interesting, I never thought about it that way before. I guess you could call it that, but really it's so much more insidious than mere bullying.

Was Stalin a bully? Hitler?

• clarity
    clarity

I agree that disfellowshipping for sure is a form of bullying but .... it escalates beyond the schoolyard, beyond your buddies.

>

Insidiously it does hit right at the heart of families, and spreds to the workplace, to your standing in the community. It goes viral across the towns and to every kh that exists!!

>

It isn't called off or stopped .... unless you cave-in and bow to the authority of the holy governing body{} and pass a series of tests and stay 'outside till they say you are good enough!

>

The dfing will always be on your record as well as bethels records ... and no one will forget!

clarity

• Mary
    Mary

You damn right it is. In fact, it's worse than bullying. It's a form of mental/emotional torture.

"There's no better way to dismantle a personality than to isolate it."-Brian Keenan, Beirut hostage survivor

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, it inflicts emotional trauma of the worst kind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit