Martha My Dear...

by MoneurMallard 7 Replies latest jw friends

• MoneurMallard
    MoneurMallard

I wonder what it was like to be around when Noah's ark landed. To be there when Shem said to his son, "Go pork your sister" (in order to repopulate the species)....

I'm paraphrasing of course, I'm not really sure if Shem's son's sister was named Martha or not.

The degree of incest alone is enough to turn away any logical rational person from the bible. Of course it had to have begun long before Noah's time, even when Adam and Eve were conceiving, there must have been LOTS of sexual perversions taking place...

This is of course all lunacy, as the human race began with several distinct chromosomes and species emanating from several different gene pools at different intervals. The idea of humans starting with two people is insane. In order to create a species, you have to have large variables of DNA to continue life.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I remeber asking simeone about the incest thing during the Adam and Eve times. The guy stated that God had to have allowed this to happen in the beginning. Kind of creepy I thought. Way to many discrepancies in the bible to make sense of it all.

I asked the same person months later why there is so much evidence of skeletal remains from hundreds of thousands of years ago from cro-magnon man and neanderthals. It was a discussion about evolution. He does not believe in evolution and he stated that God put these "people" om the planet as an experiment.

Now usually one does an experiment to discover an outcome, but if you are God, you already know EVERYTHING, and therefore already know the outcome anyway. His comment made no sense to me.

I also asked if all people came from Adam and Eve, where did people of African persuasion or Asian...or caucasion for that matter. After all, every individual came from somewhere in the Middle East (at least I think). He muttered something about dna having the ability to offer different outcomes. But then that contradicts his beliefs about evolution. One giant circle jerk!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

PS. I was listening to a radio station out of Bellingham tonight and they featured songs from the album Revolver. An excellent album I must say.

• MoneurMallard
    MoneurMallard

The idea that "God allows it now but not later" suggests a God of change, and therefore makes God unreliable.

Another reason to Think! (the Deist magazine that mocks Awake!) and use our minds and think for ourselves at all times and always question authority.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You need to take into account the concept of miracles and the FACT we were closer to perfection. Nothing is impossible for Jehovah. Our minds cannot comprehend HIS magnificence.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

You need AT LEAST 47 different couples for a species to have enough genetic diversity to continue. Below that number, no species has ever avoided extinction. How anyone can follow an organization that stubbornly insists the flood account is a literal account that happened exactly as described in the scriptures--globally--is beyond me. That proved to me the GB/WBTS is a horrible, horrible control group and I began my silent path down Apostacy Blvd.

• MoneurMallard
    MoneurMallard

Yes the global flood theory is quite absurd. At 30,000+ feet above sea level (the highest mountain top is right around that figure) the temperature and air pressure would be extremely cold and heavy.

Closer to perfection? LOL... So God "changes his mind" then, despite what it says in Numbers 23:19, and incest is "ok" way back then, but eventually becomes a sin, even though going backwards towards the most imperfect act of Adam and Eve is somehow "closer to perfection"... Wouldn't we be improving as time goes on and growing closer to perfection as we near the alleged "Kingdom" age?

As my pal Bugs Bunny is often heard saying.... what a bunch of AQUA MAROONS.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Revolver and Rubber Soul are my favorites. Whenever I was said, I would play early Beatles and my mood would change. When John Lennon was murdered, the happiness just reminded me of John's death. They are hard to listen to now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit