Encouraging sigleness

by Dudu 36 Replies latest social relationships

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

How many years did you pioneer, Empty Inside?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I auxiliary pioneered first for a couple of years and regular pioneered for three years.

Then,I went back to auxiliary pioneering,because I had a hard time getting 90 hours and working.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, that 90 hrs were rough. I have seen many who waited patiently for a mate and were glad that they waited. You have to even be patient outside in the world as well. I work with single women who are finding relationships difficult. Some have children from diferent fathers. Their is nothing wrong in waiting for Mr. Right.

As for this topic. Singleness, is not too encouraging for many. We need companionship. Someone to shop with, to go to coffee with, to play scrabble with, to help with the dinners, and work after. I have seen to many single minded old men....they are weird in my books, and too set in their ways.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,it's true,I'm glad I didn't settle for one of the men at the Kingdom Hall.

• free @ last
    free @ last

sad... for me it was 8 years (full-time slaving) down the drain.

spoke to a friend that just called it quits after 17 years fts... just stop and calculate the hours we put in during our most productive years

• Spectre
    Spectre

Like EmptyInside, little bit of a sore spot. I'm sure my dead mom would be so proud that I'm still single at 45(that doesn't sound all Norman Bates, does it?). Getting married was always seen as a last resort. Like you were a failure if you succombed to the temptation of wanting to be with someone.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I do know one elder who is currently 46 years old, never married that still lives with his JW parents. He never lived away from his parents in his lifetime. His Dad is an long time elder. The 46 years old guy works at the flower shop for many years, He just cannot afford to live away from his parents. He also spends alot of time in the ministry, He was a regular pioneer for some years, I was told he averages about 30 hours per month for a long time while not pioneering.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Dudu you have a pm

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Their pushing of singleness is disgusting. It's especially bad for the women in the cult. After a certain age, virginity goes from being nice and noble, to being just plain tragic. There aren't enough suitable men in the religion, and they don't want you to get a worldly man, so you are just supposed to redirect all that repressed sexual energy into the pointless ministry. No wonder so many are devoid of any joy.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think that sigles should be avoided.

Why do you ask?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit