Question, Mormon temples.

by jam 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• jam
    jam

The Mormon temples will build five temples in cities

worlwide. The church, with it,s 14.1 million members

has 135 operating temples worlldwide and another

31 planned or under construction. The new temples

will be built Barranquilla ( where in the hell is this place)

South Africa, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo

and Star Valley, Wyo.

My question, the temples to be built, are they the same

as Kingdomhalls. A temple is built for all the members

in one city. In other words, that,s their only place of

worship, one temple per city.

• bohm
    bohm

14mil people/135 temples ~ 100'000 people per temple. I sure wouldnt like to do the toilets in that kingdom hall!

• zoiks
    zoiks

Mormon Temples are more like Assembly Halls, with special ceremonies and worship conducted there. The LDS equivalent of a Kingdom Hall would be a Meetinghouse, which are obviously much more common.

• wobble
    wobble

their Meeting House or whatever it is called locally here, in Ashford Kent is far more impressive than the local K.H's

I find that with the LDS church, they may be a high control cult like the JW's, but they do it so much better, much more style.

• jam
    jam

Thanks Zoiks, it give you a idea as to the fate of

the Witnessess. They will never go away.

• Free!!
    Free!!

jam,

Barranquilla is a coastal city(pretty big and industrialized) in Colombia, South America... That's where the hell it is!! My advice to you is... get some geography classes or if too lazy for that... use Google earth before posting.... just saying...

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

You cannot enter a mormon temple unless you've had your "endowment" and that ceremony is usually a Mormon's first exposure to it. You get your patriarchal blessing, do the cleansing and vail ceremony where you learn your "spiritual name" and a special handshake. A lotta masonic-like ritual. It is a goal for all super-mormons to have a "temple wedding." That's like, an ultimate badge of honor. Any non-mormon relatives or mormons who have not received endowments yet are not allowed inside for the temple wedding ceremony.

Temples are regional, like circuit assemblies for JWs. Their local congregations are in buildings called Wards. I believe they have zones instead of circuits, bishops instead of "annointed" or "GB" and "general conference" instead of conventions. If you'd like more info on Mormons, there's an excellent atheist podcast put up by 2 ex mormons from Utah called "Irreligiosophy." If you enjoy sophomoric humor and profanity, it's a great show! But they're also very well researched and I've learnd a TON about LDS! (and yes, they have 2 shows, episodes 41 and 44 about JWs).

Check it out!

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

RE: Irreligiosophy podcast...

I am astonished at how similar LDS and JWs are. Especially since we adopted "Family Bible Study" nights and LDS has always had "Family Home Evening." They use terms like "wordly," "heavy petting," "disfellowshipping" and "one true religion."

• carla
    carla

Check out the Mormon Curtain, it is a site much like this with many ex Mormons on it. Great resource if you are looking for info on Mormons.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

There was a new Moron Temple built in Seattle. When done people were invited to take the tour. Afterwards it was gutted and rebuilt because non-Morons had defiled it. The temples have the golden angel Maccaroni oops I met Maroni on top a the worship of the penis based spire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit