Why are Jehovah’s Witnesses persecuted and spoken against?

by mankkeli 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

What is purported in the Bible on specifics of what Jesus said are greatly exaggerated and have no basis in fact nor any basis in corroboration. In other words, he never said these things. Therefore the answer to your question is no.

Jesus Christ is a dead guy. How does a dead guy select anything?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I like how they use that they are "hated" and "persecuted" as a reason for their being God's people. Do they think there may be a bigger reason why they are hated and persecuted?

• Scully
    Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. ~ Watchtower, 11/15/63

It is also not persecution when individuals of said religion criticize other religions, call them part of Babylon the Great™, or refer to their beliefs and practices as originating with Satan the Devil, and as a result reap the consequences of those criticisms by those whom they have offended.

It is not persecution when JWs incite civil unrest by picketing church services and antagonize other individuals to the point of instigating public altercations, and get arrested for their role in being $h!t disturbers.

There's nothing godly about orchestrating events that result in one's being arrested, beaten up, or otherwise create a negative impact on the community by stirring up trouble. They reaped what they sowed, IMO.

• extractor
    extractor

Their writings say I'm possessed by Satan, my religion is "Babylon the Great", my friends are "mentally diseased", and hint that "slaughtering" my friends is not out of the question... and then they claim to be persecuted?

No one throws more mud than the WT, or whines more when someone calls them dirty.

• nateb
    nateb

It is not persecution when JWs incite civil unrest by picketing church services and antagonize other individuals to the point of instigating public altercations, and get arrested for their role in being $h!t disturbers.

There's nothing godly about orchestrating events that result in one's being arrested, beaten up, or otherwise create a negative impact on the community by stirring up trouble. They reaped what they sowed, IMO.

It's kinda like slashing the tires on a truck with a Confederate flag at the Wal-Mart whilst shouting "f*** rednecks" or walking through a bad part of town yelling the "n" word at the top of your lungs. You're probably gonna a get a rise out of someone and there will probably be some physical pain involved. Rugtherford knew exactly what he was doing when he picked fights with the Knights of Columbus and otherwise atagonized other religions and their subsidiaries.

In more modern times, it's obvious that interrupting people in their homes is going to piss them off. It's also obvious that it's not an effective way of transmitting their message or any message for that matter. But since it's irritating, it's good for perpetuating the "we're so despised and we love it" mindset.

• nugget
    nugget

I think the recent independent article was very revealing the witnesses were saying that is was evidence of persecution. I had to question this since all that had happened was someone had accurately reported what was in a magazine and someone else had had challenged the choice of words. No witnesses were harmed or damaged by what was printed so where was the persecution?

Sometimes it seems as if criticism however mild is seen as persecution. It could also be argued that they deliberately manouver things to appear the victim when their own arogance or stupidity brought it on themselves.

To suggest that witnesses are fufilling a sign from god would suggest that god supports arrogant, stupid people who deliberately go out of their way to be provocative

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Rightly so they should be persecuted. When you break the law, there are going to be consequences. Such as multiple obstruction of justice situations where the witlesses (notably, the hounders) hide and destroy evidence against the Washtowel for things like hiding pedophiles and other serious law-breakers. And they keep preaching despite householders' explicit instructions that they are not interested--going back to the same people (and even apostates that are known apostates are not immune).

On top of that, they ruin lives. They will do anything to keep children under their grip--pious-sneering instead of enjoying school recess, depriving children of Christmas for no good reason, banning anything that might make people reasonably well off, and not preparing them for anything except a life of pious-sneering and boasting sessions. If they decide that the religion is not for them, or even want to take a time out, they get all huffy and start busting up families of those who leave the cancer.

Most important, they lie about abiding by the Bible. People are told that they are the only group that properly abides by the Bible. Yet I hear Kingdumb Misery articles and Kool-Aid Washtowel study articles explicitly directing the witlesses to abide by their own Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. You see a doctrine that you can prove wrong, using their own Bible? You are still supposed to abide by AND TEACH the bad doctrine until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself fixes it--or replaces it with an even worse one. THIS IS NOT ABIDING BY THE BIBLE! For sure, this is not Christian. If you are pulling off a scam, you should expect persecution.

• Mary
    Mary

Every cult uses the same sorry-assed reasoning as the Witnesses. They have bizarre beliefs, yell it from the roof tops and they cry "persecution" when they get the backlash for it. It's the only way they can convince themselves that they're God's Chosen Ones.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well put Mary.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Because they're effin' judgemental troublemakers who never lift a finger to help their "worldly" neighbors......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit