Thank goodness I won't live forever in Paradise.....

by african GB Member 11 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

.....I don't think it'd be cool at all.

Imagine living in a DC style environment FOREVER! Having to obey the GB.

Thanx but no thanx, I'd rather be killed forever at Armageddon by the most loving God Jehovah.

• Cyruse
    Cyruse

I think you may be mixing God's rewards to his people with your obvious distaste with the way the "GB" has treated you or the way you have seen others treated. I would seriously consider some personal bible study. Separating Gods love and viewing it and its rewards as a single subject is essential to posting and thinking in a sane manner.

• MoneurMallard
    MoneurMallard

What is most intriguing about the entire idea of "living forever" is that people fail to realize how overpopulated the earth would be with such a concept. The agricultural cycle that is life works fine without human arrogance's notion for more from the creator than is already given. True humility accepts death as the final curtain call, lives each day as if it were their last and when that dying day comes, welcomes it, as it is the natural end to life. Unless of course you're run over by a mack truck or shot dead in some hood somewhere. (That would be unnatural of course). But with old age comes wisdom and a relaxed state towards the concept. One of the reasoning powers we're bequeathed with from our ancestors is the fact that progeny will always be available to those who desire to conceive, and that in itself is eternal life. Only those who are emotionally attached to selfish existence and material gain would demand otherwise.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    .....I don't think it'd be cool at all.
    Imagine living in a DC style environment FOREVER! Having to obey the GB.
    Thanx but no thanx, I'd rather be killed forever at Armageddon by the most loving God Jehovah.

You don't have to worry because the JW's paradise is not going to happen.

Jehovah is a name that a monk coined in 1270 A.D. so you don't have to worry about Jehovah killing you off.

But, you are going to live forever because man is made in God's image.

Where you will spend eternity is up to you, though.

• wobble
    wobble

When I was an active JW I used to say that I did not want to ive in their idea of paradise, but I was confident that aloving God would bring a paradise that truly was a pleasure for all.

I was not quite sure where that left the power hungry, arrogant, self serving, oppresive Elder types, I took a guess that they would have to change to even get in.

Since learning the truth that there is no God and no Afterlife it has made me more content with the life I have, it is the only one I am going to get.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

@ Wobble, couldn't agree more.

rather live THIS life to the fullest.

• screwface
    screwface

Yeah i didnt want to live forever anyway, playing with panda bears and wearing khaki slacks that you get from wal-mart! i mean looking at those paradise pictures in those brochures, that life would be very boring. And then having to clean the whole earth in a suit! i probably would hang myself with a necktie!

• screwface
    screwface

@ Cyruse.... hey bro how much kool-aid do you drink at the kingdom hall? please wake up its not too late!

• Cyruse
    Cyruse

As a matter of fact, I woke up a long time ago "bro"

I just was able to retain a balanced view of life and the bible, therefore I did not cut my belief in God off at the knees. I am sorry if my ability to have faith in a creator and his promises makes you feel insecure enough to attack me.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

JWs' idea of paradise sounds like my idea of hell. So glad neither exist!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit