Who will give us meat to eat?

by AGuest 37 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

TTO - But that would have to be asked of her by the one she has faith IN. If He isn't asking her to do that, then why should she? What would it prove? What does doing something that you ask... prove her faithfulness in God and Christ?

Peace,

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

I'd like to see Aguest put her faith in god completely and only consume water and manna for the rest of her life or at least 40 years.

Although a nice "challenge"... it does not address the truths I raised, does it, dear TO (again, peace to you!). It's actually what some might refer to as a "red herring." I call it a "deflection." Either way... Even so, it's a bit ridiculous, is it not? I mean, the rest of MY life... or 40 years... seems an awful long time for YOU to decide what YOU will believe.

Will see if I have a lack of knowledge or not, if she can do this I too will become a faithful servant and slave of Christ.

In 40 years... or at the end of my life? By then it might be too late for you to become such. Certainly, if you think you can become such on the basis of me exercising MY faith... you've missed quite a few key points. Pretty key, actually... because YOUR "faithful" service has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I do, don't do, will or will not do. Good LORDY, how many say they're tired of being "fooled"... and yet, are more than willing to once again "jump" because of what someone ELSE does...

If your faith is as strong as you say then this shouldn't be much for you to take on.

Who says my faith is so "strong"? If MY faith were "as strong" as YOU apparently think it should be... then I could walk on water, move a mountain, resurrect the dead... and more. I only have faith the size of a mustard seed... and even that wasn't mine; it was given me. Even so, why would I have to prove my faith to you or ANY man? So that YOU will believe based on what I do? What's wrong with you exercising your OWN faith? That would only require YOU to eat manna and drink water... ONCE. And you can't even do that. So...

Lead us an an example Aguest of your held to faith.

I am neither your leader nor the one who set an example for you to follow, dear one. I am not the one whose faith you should be looking to. But I will let you in on a little sacred secret (which some might already know, but I don't think you do): t he Israelites ate the manna and drank the water... yet, they died. I have been eating the manna... and drinking from the rock-mass... for 16 years now (which would actually leave only 24 of your 40 years). Will my flesh die? Probably so. Doesn't matter; I'm not concerned about it. Because it is not the flesh that is sustained by the manna and water, but the spirit:

I am the bread of life. He that comes to me will not get hungry at all, and he that exercises faith in me will never get thirsty at all. ... “I am the bread that came down from heaven”; ... “I am the bread of life. Y OUR forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”

" Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves.He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day;for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me.This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.”

and...

"... I do not want YOU to be ignorant, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea and all got baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea; and all ate the same spiritual food and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock-mass that followed them, and that rock-mass meant the Christ."

So, as you can see, I am not concerned about keeping my flesh alive... it is the SPIRIT that gives life. So, I am more concerned with the manna and water than just might allow me to live forever... by sustaining my spirit... and not the manna and water that can only sustain my flesh for a few more years.

Now, I understand that you might not get this, dear one... but, truly, that's okay. I ain't mad at'cha...

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

If you don't eat your meat....you can't eat your pudding....how can you eat your pudding???? if you don't eat your meat? - Quarterback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5diMImYIIA

• wobble
    wobble

Dearest Shelby,

When I read the thread title it aroused a memory in me, I then read your first post, almost poetic !! and realised your thoughts were along a different line to mine.

What I remembered was the sad feeling I had when attending the Watchtower study at the Kingdom Hall, week after week I used to think "Who will give us meat to eat?" , meat in the sense used by the Apostle Paul the "meat of the word" as opposed to the "milk"

Week after Week, Month after Month, I felt that there was no true "content" in what was being served up, no nourishment, no refreshment for the soul, how different from what Jesus offered "Come, drink lifes waters!" , the WT was an arid desert.

So, I left.

I am glad that you and others are able to eat the "meat of the word" and find "refreshment for your souls", may you all have peace and well being, Shalom!

• watersprout
    watersprout

Shalom to you Wibble wobble!

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you, truly, for your very kind words and sincere wish for peace, dear Wobble (peace to you!). And you're right, as well: the WTBTS is not just dry and arid, but void of TRUE "food" AND drink! Their "dishes" are tainted through and through: "wormwood"... poison... dished up by the "offspring of vipers." Which is why it never actually "satifies" but, rather, either leaves a bad taste in one's mouth... or a bad feeling in one's stomach. Even those who think they're eating "well." Even they suffer from "indigestion" on many occasions.

Again, thank you, truly, and may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, His Chosen One (MischaJah)... be upon you, if you so wish it... and your entire household... to time indefinite!

Shalom!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Did the Most Holy One of Israel really call His Household out of "slavery"... only to leave it to perish in the "wilderness"?

This is such a good reminder! If God has delivered us from the org was it so that we could wander in the wilderness forever?

because that usually works with folks here - they know the WTBTS is BS and so easily buy that everything else is, too"...

Doesn't work with me, though...

Yes. It will never work with me. You can think you are disproving the Bible or creation in many different ways, but my God is here with me. You can't prove that He doesn't exist any more than you can prove that my husband or my kids don't exist. So if you find a "contradiction" in the Bible, it doesn't matter. My God is here.

I say this, not as an argument, but rather to explain my feelings. I had many different circumstances that led me to God, and after receiving His prescence (yes his presence, but that is inside of me, not what the WT would have you believe) I have had to hold on to God, and ask Him not to let me go, so I know that it is difficult.

• tec
    tec

Yes He is, ShadesofGrey.

Peace (and thank you for your wish of peace, Wobble... great description, btw),

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit