How old is the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by mankkeli 14 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I remember when I first started studying, I got confused as to how I was supposed to view Jesus. I mean--exactly what role did he play in my life? I even would ask about it. In practice, other than a quick "in Jesus' name" the religion just bypasses him. It seems to suggest that the annointed are the ones with that special relationship, and we of the earthly class, were simply to recognize that fact. It confused me a great deal---but I soon brushed it aside and drank the kool-aid.

NC

• wobble
    wobble

I had exactly the same thought as LWT above, today's Jehovah's Witnesses are in a religion that is unrecognisable compared to the religion of the same name I was born in to in 1950.

It changes all the time, a good way of puting it to a JW is "When did the "Truth" become the "Truth" ?" they will tie themselves in knots with "Noo Lite" blather, but the fact remains that once they change major doctrine it is not the religion you joined, and of course, the rejected doctrine could not have been truth.

Also the fact is that the connection between Rutherford and the religion he wrought and Chazzer Russell's is tenuous, Rutherford set about changing all of Russell's unique ideas as soon as he got control.

They have no other link with the past that stands scrutiny, who was the link that Russell took the baton from ?

Nobody.

To try to give themselves some historical legitamacy is laughable.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It's only as old the latest WT study, IMHO......LWT

LWT Nailed it..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Restore first century Christianity?

Wait a minute. What about their claim that there has always been an organization faithfully teaching the truth that was known in the first century to each generation. If that were true, then it would have never been lost and would not need to be restored.

So which story is true? Can't be both.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Jehovah's Witnesses were born in 1931 so its only 80 years old.

But according to JW's they've been around since 1879. But thats not true.

The watctower has been around since 1879 NOT Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit