Police inquiry over Jehovah's Witness magazine 'mentally diseased' article

by koolaid-man 14 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Your not wrong there wha happened?

Of course becoming increasingly outspoken could prove to be counterproductive for the Watchtower Society.

The member may become uncomfortable with their hate campaign. Pushing people too far can be a mistake.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I saw this kind of hate in the 1st congregation I attended. The brothers there were so focused on fishing out the weak and those on the fringe that they bascially chased everyone out that wasn't hard core. I didn't serve there, but since I assisted with literature, I was in alot of the Elder/Servant meetings because of the changes going on at the time. (The contribution arrangement was going away). I remember the elder who studied with me proudly proclaimed that they had, "cleaned the congregation out". The way they spoke so disparingly of some of the publishers was sick. Married brothers were considered a weak spiritual head if they didn't live in poverty and have their wife pioneer. Unfortunately I followed their lead until I changed congregations.That particualr congregation eventually was dissolved after the PO started going to far. He stepped down but the congregation was down to about 55 publishers.

I've always been afraid of religious extremeists because of their dedication to God in whatever devious act they are involved in. I'm not saying that you will find JW's with a bomb strapped to them visitng local churches, but the MOB like mentality that articles like this can foment can't be sluffed off as an individual opinion. There is a community responsibility of the WTB&TS for these articles and resulting acts.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes, I agree with wha happened?, few things are more frightening than a "True Believer" no matter what their stripe.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

http://m.trouw.nl/article/15/2939384/Jehovahs-Getuigen-Afvalligen-zijn-geestelijk-ziek.html

well, the article is published in the netherlands. unfortunately they decided to leave my quotes out because i want to be anonymous. so it is not as good as before, but you can read it (dutch, but use google translate):

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Well done! The news is spreading worldwide..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit