Should There be a Petition Asking the Watchtower Society to Retract its "Mentally Diseased" Statements?

by DT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Is the strategy to put a petition to the WBT$ knowing they'll treat it with contempt and thus expose their arrogance, hatred and contempt for people to the world?

Brilliant!

I do agree they don't deserve the dignity but you catch hornets with honey not vinegar.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Perhaps if enough people came forward with proof of how their lives have been damaged mentally due to the Watchtower's teachings and policies, a large class action lawsuit could be sought. Oftentimes the Org. itself is what has caused some of us (Myself included) to have mental issues.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If JW dissidents can contain their rage, the "mentally diseased" concept shows how desparate the WTBTS is. You have a cult on one hand that annoys people and on the other hand, you have sober, rational individuals who are only loosely affiliated.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Petition, huh? Great idea!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I think that any opportunity to bring their fanatical teachings to the attention of the rest of the world should be jumped on. Most people don't care about JWs because they think that they're harmless. Well, they're not. Use their own words against them.

GGG

• ekruks
    ekruks

I am wondering how this insulting article was meant to be defended on the ministry?

JW: "Oh, yes, mentally ill people are meant to be avoided. It's all Bible-based, on this verse...."
    HH: "I have depression! Just how is that infectious?"
    JW: "Yes, well, God still loves you! Please keep away! 'Unclean!! Unclean!' "

Though it could be good,

HH: "I'm mentally-diseased! I have depression! You mustn't talk to me! Get off my doorstep!"

• flipper
    flipper

Trying to get the WT society to retract the " mentally diseased " statement would be like asking a duck not to swim in water. The WT society is by natural osmosis and design - an organization created to instill fear and guilt into it's JW members and they will never apologize for ANYTHING. It's an organization based on deceit , cunning manipulation, and ultimate control over what it's JW members think and feel. It's in their plan to lie, deceive, and coerce ANY and ALL opinions about the organization in order to survive as a corporation and business. It's an organization without a conscience from the top down

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit