Sugar: The Bitter Truth (YouTube)

by leavingwt 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Leaving wt: This was worth watching absolutely every minute of - thanks so much for posting - I learned a whole lot and am passing this on to others...yes, it's 1.5 hours, but worth every minute!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I can't watch the whole video right now, but I will later today.

I gave up all refined sugar and all white flour (white flour is turned into sugar by the body almost instantly) about 2 months ago. Now I ONLY eat 100% whole wheat.) I also don't eat artifical sweeteners. Either I'm eating something naturally sweet, or I'm not eating something sweet. And I eat pleanty of things that are naturally sweet.

My only exceptions are some dark chocolate, only after dinner (dark chocolate is good for you, and ..I love it).

I eat as much as I want following these rules. I feel soooooo much better! No more afternoon crash!

And I lost 15 pounds without even trying! I eat lots of food! Maybe twice as much as I ate before. I have not even started to exercise yet.

I will NEVER go back to foods with refined sugar in them again. I found that before, refined sugar was in everything i was eating...it was in my wheat bread, in the spagetti sauce, in the lunch meat, in the 'healthy' cereal,....I really had to hunt to find versions of my favorite foods with no refinedsugar (and no FAKE sugars) in them. But I found them.

Now, I am an absolute true believer in cutting out refined sugar and white flour. I want to tell everybody! People don't really want to hear it, though...

• leavingwt
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I watched this last night after the 60 minutes segment.

I don't drinkk soda and never will.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am switching to a low carb diet. Sugars are severely restricted. I, too, would choose sugar over aspartame. It is going to be interesting how this new day of eating will chance my appetite and blood gluclose levels. I have yet to find a person who could stay on the diet for long periods of time.

• LV101
    LV101

leavingWT --- watched this before when you posted and it's incredible. As I recall he mentions several sugar substitutes that are not good --- need to jot those down.

Have referred others to this video -- thanks.

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit