what do jws have to say when getting baptised ? do they dedicate to god and jesus or the watchtower ?

by looloo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
  • Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

1991 it was two questions about accepting the JW's as God's organization according to my recollection. Therefore, I decided it would appropiate to be baptized again in 2007 when I became a Christian.

• cedars
    cedars

Here are the two questions, straight out of the book Organized to Do Jehovah's Will:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

• looloo
    looloo

cheers

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Thanks Cedars, those were the two questions as I remember them. What a load of horse sh*t.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Ooooohhh now this is interesting! JWs LOVE to quote Matthew 28:19.

"Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,"

The JWs pride themselves on preaching about God throughout the entire earth, however, ask yourself, do they baptise in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? No they dont! They baptise in the name of an organisation! HUH??????

Im not too sure but I feel my baptism is invalid.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

MmmKayy,

So, since the baptism of, say, David Splane was before the change to the second question to include the Org, does that mean that Mr. Splane has NOT properly committed himself to Jehovah? Huh, does it?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Ok, so what were the questions in 1981?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Why aren't they baptising in the 'name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'?

The Holy Spirit is reduced to nothing more than an adjective describing the organization (God's spirit-directed organization), according to Cedars post from Organized to do Jehovah's Will, but are 'the name of Jehovah' and the 'name of Jesus Christ' not even mentioned in the formal baptism wording?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I was 11.I dont remember anything about amy questions,but I do remember tat I have to memorise the "fruitages of the spirit".I didnt even know what that meant,but I memorised them all right.At 11.I would have done anything to make my parents happy and not be destroyed in Armageddon that was "just around the corner".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit