Both "Mentally Diseased" & Blood Transfusion DF/DA Violate UN Charter

by skeeter1 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This seems truly daunting . . . We've got to learn as quickly as possible as much about the UN, OCSE and get the right person in the OCSE. We have to get organized. I think it will work much better if we present ourselves as an international group of affected persons.

Skeeter

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't think this is far-fetched, but might not be something of a priority to the UN at the moment. I think the time will come, but in the future. Maybe when things settle down in the Middle East/North Africa area.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I think it will work much better if we present ourselves as an international group of affected persons.

Absolutely . . . a petition will do that. No problem with the net.

The OCSE is like a powerful HR organisation . . . they are compelled to treat all complaints of violation seriously.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

But I am not so sure, the WT does not really interfere with one changing their religion, the consequences are not physically life threatening (they don't kill you) you simply leave and are ignored by the WT and it's members, It would be interesting to see if this is really considered a violation at the level of the UN.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    It would be interesting to see if this is really considered a violation at the level of the UN.

Forget the UN . . . the OCSE is a seperate organisation . . . deal with them directly.

the consequences are not physically life threatening

Doesn't matter . . . they are NGO members in violation of their own charter . . . OCSE's own credibility is threatened.

Forget blood transfusions . . . it's the use of hate speech in the literature . . . ties in with recent Media exposure.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's amazing what has been accomplished using twitter to raise awareness. If enough people get involved, using social media, it does not go ignored.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"coercion" in article 18, paragraph 21, is to be broadly interpreted and includes pressure applied by a State or policies aiming at facilitating religious conversions. "

Coercion is much more then physical threats, waterboarding, or water torture. It is to be broadly interpreted. I know in other contexts, coercion is much broader then physical harm. It includes blackmail, threats of losing job, illusor promises, etc. In Wollersheim v. Scientology the California court touched on coercion as the threat of the church turning one's family against them, loss of business customers, and high amounts due to the church upon leaving. Coercion is a threat or policy of a church that affects this life, as opposed to hellfire which affects the afterlife.

As far as death - think of the blood issue. A fading JW has the blood issue present itself. He wants to leave the religion, but is stuck. He really wants a blood transfusion, but has to think that it's going to mean he's shunned by his family, friends, and business associates. He has to choose between a medical, life saving measure, or keeping his family/friends/business in tact. He makes the decision to forego blood. He takes his chances. He is coerced.

Skeeter

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

What is OCSE?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    It's amazing what has been accomplished using twitter to raise awareness.

Spot on purplesofa . . . a lot of internet based lobby groups have achieved huge results in recent times through on-line petitioning and awareness. The tool is more powerful than most realise yet.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe

google this and check it out on wiki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit