Now that the Independent article is out...

by diana netherton 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I think it may be a good time to start writing to other publications with some of the outlandish

JW doctrines...higher education is one thing that comes to mind.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Here is a letter I would like to put in the news! If you can, e-mail this to everyone you know. I think this is a VERY powerful letter:

When first made aware of this quote I didn’t really believe it. I didn’t want to believe it! If it wasn’t brought to my attention by a good friend, I wouldn’t even have bothered to look it up in the Watchtower Library. Because I know this person to be a serious Christian I did look it up, still not believing this quote could ever have been printed in a serious religious journal. Guess what, the quote below was copied right out of the Watchtower Library. Do you think this is the kind of thing that an organization directed by Jehovah’s Holy Spirit would print? Hardly! While they are not condoning in print the practice they mentioned, after such a statement, most Christians likely would feel compelled to launch into a condemnation of such a practice! To call it what it is, CHILD ABUSE! No, not the spirit led organization of God. They just take the tone that it’s probably not a good idea because it could cause your children to be masturbators in the future. This is a sick example of the Watchtower going places that they NEVER should go in the pages of their magazine. Is this organization spirit directed, you decide. I have…..

*** w73 9/15 p. 568 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse—Why? How? ***

“Did you know, for example, that mothers and fathers who stroke the genitals of their fretful babies to keep them quiet are unwittingly encouraging them to become masturbators later on? Boys and girls may start to play with their private parts during puberty and, not receiving any counsel against this, the first thing they know they are “hooked” on the habit.”

I have a question for the Watchtower organization. I apologize to all others before I even ask it. Who masturbates their babies to keep them quiet? I mean really, what kind of sick, twisted individual would even conceive of such a thing, print it in the pages of your journal in such a matter of fact tone and then let the opportunity go by without condemning the practice? Watchtower Society, I strongly suggest that if you have friends that practice such criminal behavior, you get some new ones and turn the old ones into the authorities. Oh yeah, I forgot that you have a history of not turning self confessed child molesters into the police, citing clergy privilege. That you’ve paid out millions of dollars in settlements to child abuse victims for the way you’ve handled these kinds of cases. Then as a condition of settlement, you had the victims agree to non-disclosure so they wouldn’t spread the word among the flock.

Brother’s and sister’s, wake up!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I agree we need to keep the pressure up. But whatever we do must be based on facts, and NOT sensationalism.

What was acheived today shows what can be done if you are rational and factual and tenacious.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

This is a huge opportunity to raise awareness about the organizations false prophecies, policies and practices. I truly hope that there is some news on the Austrailian case filed by Steven Unthank. It seems as if there is momentum building.

There are many brothers and sisters who will never look at a site such as this, but they will read news articles and the associated comments. Keep up the good work!

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

sen·sa·tion·al·ism

1. subject matter, language, or style producing or designed to produce startling or thrilling impressions or to excite and please vulgar taste. @ cantleave / With all due respect... Maybe I'm missing something... Does pointing out the missed opportunity of the Watchtower to call "mothers and fathers who stroke the genitals of their fretful babies" child abuse, sound like "sensationalism" to you? Or is it this that does: " Watchtower Society, I strongly suggest that if you have friends that practice such criminal behavior, you get some new ones and turn the old ones into the authorities. Oh yeah, I forgot that you have a history of not turning self confessed child molesters into the police, citing clergy privilege. That you’ve paid out millions of dollars in settlements to child abuse victims for the way you’ve handled these kinds of cases. Then as a condition of settlement, you had the victims agree to non-disclosure so they wouldn’t spread the word among the flock."

To me this is strongly pointing out the facts. How do you know this wasn't written by a person who wasn't molested himself? I believe this statement reflecting the Watchtowers view is a HUGE issue that has gone unnoticed for years. It could very well be the reason many "elders" engaged in this practice. To my knowledge the Catholic Church has never put such foolish statements into writing and THANK GOD, they have a much larger audience. Could you imagine what the world would be like now if the Pope would have said this 50 years ago? There is nothing like the power of suggestion. You may be right. Maybe this article could be written in a better way to present to the public. Could you do that or maybe someone else take a shot at it? I just know if I were still in the twoof I would respond to something like this more than anything else. But that's just me. I think we should hit them with all we got and do it now! Your brother, Greybeard
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I was not referring to your post. I wrote that before yours showed, we obviously posted togther!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit