Like him or not, Richard Dawkins is helping spread the word about JWs

by Franklin Massey 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Franklin Massey
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

OMG! Cedars has done an amazing thing! I just can't believe the impact this article has made. RICHARD DAWKINS! LOL We made the big time now. tee hee.

• nateb
    nateb

This is huge.

• blondie
    blondie

Is it a personal choice for jw members to shun jws who leave the organization?

What happens to members who do not shun jws who leave? Aren't they shunned as well? Is it a personal choice then or being forced to shun?

• nateb
    nateb

Is it a personal choice for jw members to shun jws who leave the organization?

What happens to members who do not shun jws who leave? Aren't they shunned as well? Is it a personal choice then or being forced to shun?

Exactly. They've been caught in yet another huge lie. People that love truth will tire of this and eventually leave, like many of us did. Those that love the comfort of being told what to think will lap it up like little puppies. I guess a cult is just the place for them.

• sir82
    sir82

Wow!

Of course, Richard Dawkins' audience is not very likely to contain JWs.

And if any JW learns of it, they can easily dismiss it with a "well of course an atheist doesn't like JWs!"

But it is interesting. If Dawkins' site considers it interesting, that tends to give it credence - "legs". Perhaps it will get wider distribution as a result.

• Scully
    Scully

Perhaps Christopher Hitchens will also add those quotations to the next edition of God Is Not Great - How Religion Poisons Everything.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

SIr 82 you may be surprised to know that you may be wrong. Richard Dawkins in an Atheist and whist he appeals to those who are non religious you will surprised who used to be religious and that includes ex JWs and people who have been effected by them like myself. Although I have not yet read any of his books I listen to his lectures. We also see him on TV occationally in the UK. If the JWs hadn't come knocking I would still be none the wiser to who Mr Dawkins was. Anyway I think things will blow over really quickly. The publicity has to be constant to keep awareness up.

• LV101
    LV101

dawkins just became one of my FAVs and i'll definitely buy his books now.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Yes...this is great exposure. He has nearly 250,000 followers on twitter, and likely many thousands more not on twitter that visit his website.

I've been following him on twitter for some time and they regularly tweet links to (anti) religious type articles. Glad they picked up on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit