Max Larson died today at 96 yrs...Watchtower President since 2000

by williamhconley 44 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Max Larson was not anointed that I'm aware of.

Otherwise, I wonder what they do with anointed men and women that do get sick, send them home.

• minimus
    minimus

Marvin says Max, several years ago started partaking.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    He was in the society's film Heritage in the 1960's. He's seen here at 3:09.

Very interesting, I have never seen or heard of this before.

George

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

How do these "anointed" get to live such long lives?

They experience less stress because they don't have to worry about earning a living, cleaning their homes, emotionally and physically providing for children, buying/cooking food. They receive the best, pampering medical treatment. They don't have to spend a lick of time worrry about who will care for them in their old age or how they will pay for the care. The list could go on and on.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

When I was in Bethel during the 90's, I sat with him during lunch and he mentioned to me that he feels new understanding has to come regarding the Great Crowd that nobody can number. He told me how can it be than nobody can count when we in fact know the amount of witnesses there are in the world. I found this very interesting but he said it in a non-critical manner.

Max Larson also told me a story about how Judge Rurtherford called another brother a Jackass during the morning worship consideration.

Also interesting was that I asked Max Larson about Rutherford's son Malcolm and he said he didn't know Rutherford had a kid. I referred him to the Proclaimers book where it said he had a son named Malcolm. I was intrigued that he didn't know about that fact.

Marvin mentioned in an earlier post that he started to partake? When? Thats very interesting as I always knew for a fact that he was of the "other sheep".

Another heavy that started to partake was Harold Jackson. He might very well be the next GB member as he's a helper to the GB although he's up in years.

William H. Conley

• Joliette
    Joliette

I heard that he was senile before he died.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

My husband & other bethelites viewed him as the Factory God. He was a big deal among some bethelites yet never got recognition outside of bethelite because he was not of the anointed or a governing body member.

The story of his birth was a source of much irritation to me. I hated having to hear about how his mother finished repairing a roof after he was born when I spoke of how tired I was after giving birth. w89 9/1 23-30

• blondie
    blondie
    Marvin says Max, several years ago started partaking.

Evidently not when I knew him....so why wasn't he on the GB...they certainly needed new bodies.

• sir82
    sir82
    so why wasn't he on the GB

He was 96 at the time of his death, maybe his health was so poor that he wouldn't be able to contribute.

• pontoon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit