Independent Article-Link

by stuckinamovement 30 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

stuckinamovement... read the WT in question and you'll find your "real" answer ;-)

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

The comments section there is a minefield lol. I love this one JW's argument against Atheism:

" Why is there somthing and not nothing?" - he basically pimpsmacked science with that one lol

Also digging the fact that this is the most popular article on this newspaper's website at the moment.

Just thinking out loud: there's 7 million JW's now. I wonder how many exJW's there are now? and if/when that number will excede the JW's numbers? Could it have happened already?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

This is a really really big deal. Congrats to Angus and Cedars for publicizing this.

SIAM

• clarity
    clarity

Palmtree67...

"**whispers**

I am OneGoddess over there."

>

Seems to me you had some input into this idea didn't you? ... 'cause sometimes not having one of those penis thingys can get you completely overlooked!!

Just saying

clarity

• agent zero
    agent zero

this is good stuff!!

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

This from the comments section sums it up:

"If a person changes their mind about Bible-based teachings they once held dear, we recognise their right to leave."

That's kind of like throwing someone out of a window and saying, "we recognise their right to fall to the ground".

• cofty
    cofty

I am OneGoddess over there.

I'm Bill Blyth who commented on your post - HI

• flipper
    flipper

The WT society spokesman Rick Fenton said, " we recognize their right to leave . " What a liar ! No they don't ! There IS NO acceptable way to exit Jehovah's Witnesses without being shunned by former JW family & friends. And that's true whether you are DFed, DAed, OR just become inactive and stop attending. Ridiculous

• unshackled
    unshackled

Great work Cedars, Angus and Amelia for getting this attention. YOu guys are awesome.

• LV101
    LV101

hopefully someone will point out this Fenton is lying and they are pros at it. they're always lying using this same line that it's up to the individual witness. the individual witness has no rights and are afraid of being shunned/excluded/marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit