Disassociated with the JWs

by wizardca 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• wizardca
    wizardca

After having faded 12+ years ago, finally decided to DA my-self. I haven't done it before, mainly because the JWs have left me alone and have family that are heavily into the religion cult. In recent weeks I've had the "in" family go off the deep end with their actions increasing being rediculous. I assume it's the latest WT pendilum swing to scare the lemmings into not associating at all with the faded/inactive. Someone might see and get the wrong idea or...whatever.

So I decided to take the plunge and DA. I wrote a very articulate letter to my old congregation stating "generic" enough reasons why I am DAing even though I haven't been active in 12+ years. Who knows if the elders that are there are still the same. Actually felt pretty good sending that letter; releasing that last stranglehold the WT has on me. Curious if anyone has DA'd this way...should I expect a couple elders knocking on my door on Saturday?

It's like a wight has been lifted from my shoulders. Refreshing.

• Gayle
    Gayle

wizardca,,congrats,,happy for you and best wishes,,

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes,hope this goes well for you. If it wasn't for my elderly,Witness mother,I would do the same.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome to the rest of your JW-free life!

-LWT (of the DA'd class)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I haven't been active for the same amount of time, and I'd dare say most of the congregation there have probably forgotten who I was!

Anyway, if it made you feel better for doing this, then more power to you.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Congrats to you.

They forgot who I was as I was sitting right there with them.

No one would care, as long as it didn't get back to my family's part of the country.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hi

I faded over the last 20 years, & have thought about DAing myself, but decided against as I feel that I would be playing their game.

I consider that I am no longer a JW & that's enough for me, but I may change my mind in the future.

You have to decide the best for you, either way is right or wrong.

FSP

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's been 6 years since I attended a meeting . . . and I have refused to DA on account of it being "the rules according to WT." The world doesn't revolve around them and I wouldn't want them to make the mistake of thinking I give a damn. I would rather consider myself free to associate with whomever I choose . . . and they can do the same.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I DA just cuz I could not stop thinking about it!!! I could have fought the stupid reason they thought they could DF me..... but I just didn't want them in my life. I felt free of them after and I hope you do too....FS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am technically inactive--but, for all intents and purposes, I disassociated from going to their boasting sessions by simply quitting going. I simply want to waste as much of their time and resources worrying about me, so they can't take care of their other business and so they will lose sleep (being even less able to function properly in handling other problems). I also want the hounder-hounder to look like sxxx--and for the hounders in the congregation to look like sxxx. And being "inactive" is one good way to do that, since every inactive publisher is a black mark on the congregation and circuit.

And, if and when I move to a distant location (like halfway around the world) because I don't like where my home country is headed, I will not let any of the witlesses know where. They will soon get the directive from the hounder-hounder-hounder that they have to contact me, and they can waste huge amounts of time on a wild goose chase. (I recommend that anyone else that is inactive that is planning on moving a long distance, for any reason including college, to simply let the hounders waste their time hunting as well.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit