Homegrown ...

by talesin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Music!

Beautiful song by a friend of mine, that I think speaks to us ...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=413437650987

tal

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

That's what I was greeted with, bumma I wanted to listen to it

• sizemik
    sizemik

Nice Tal . . . . speaks volumes. Nice voice too. Thanks for sharing.

fsp . . . it's a FB link. I'd no probs. Try opening in new tab.

• talesin
    talesin

fsp,, oh poop! try what size said ... it's a beautiful song.

Glad you liked it, size, I just heard this tonite for the first time. Last time I saw him, about 10 years ago, he was working on songwriting (hard to get anywhere singing), and I was impressed with this. There's another really funky one that he posted on my f/b, I got up to dance before I realzied oops, no dancing 4 now... hahaha.

The life of a professional musician is NOT easy. I have quite a few friends in music, and one tip to pass along to your son, perhaps, is diversify. Besides doing their particular 'thing' (guitar, vocals, drums, whatever), some of my friends are also writers, producers, managers of other artists. Back in the day, my one friend was a singer in a band. He borrowed money to buy lighting gear for using in local bars. When his band was on the road, he would rent the lights out to other local bands. It gave him a bit more income for the 'slow' times. As it turned out, he has been successful (locally), and is still singing in his third band, which has been together for about 15 years now. In the early days, though, those rentals often paid the rent. Another guy won a Grammy for writing "Jesus Take The Wheel" by Carrie Underwood --- imagine that! A Grammy!

tal

• talesin
    talesin

fsp, it worked when I clicked on it ... hmmm, dunno why it's not working for you. dagnabbit!

t

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No just tried it, still not letting me in, probably your settings are wrong in that you're not letting in Australians but Im a New Zealander just like sizemik LOL

• talesin
    talesin

maybe you need a youtube account to view it? do you have one?

ps, another kiwi? so is black sheep

• Violia
    Violia

I like that song. Lovely, it is so true, ... they say....

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Kiwi's are flightless birds with very long beaks & use them to dig in the dirt looking for grubs - I don't do that, so I can't be a Kiwi, no more than I am a kea, morepork, moa or any other native New Zealand bird LOL did I tell you that kiwi's have nostrils at the end of their beaks

by the way I do have youtube & facebook accounts, but still can't view it. strange

just had one of those mental blocks, couldn't spell beck, such a dummyLOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit