New Strategy?? Any thoughts?

by El Nunya 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

Recently I have received notes/letters with tracts enclosed from JW's. They are coming from a kingdom hall I wasn't affiliated with, and from people I don't know. I have been disassociated since 1996. But these letters are addressed to me (name spelled correctly with current address). Does anybody know if there's efforts being made to make contact with DA'ed former members? Thanks for any input.

EN

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Contact with disfellowshipped ones considered worthy of the effort at least, is co-ordinated by the BOE and a visit in person is organised, that is, an elder is appointed to come and see you.

The BOE is responsable for their own territory. Are you in the territory from where the letters are coming?

Normally their spy network should have passed on your address so that they should know that you are disfellowshipped. However, if they dont, it would be easy enough in many countries, to get the name of someone living at an address which is constantly a not home, and sending a letter to the householder.

Why not throw it on the fire?

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

I was curious because I am disassociated, not disfellowshipped. My house is marked. I've lived in the same place for 25 years. However, looking up my address would have provided my spouses name, not mine. My spouse has family at this particular hall.

I just thought it odd, and wondered if there's been "new light" concerning those that have left of their own accord.

Throw it on the fire?? Nah....gonna mull this one over and perhaps write these JW's back. Just a thought.

Thanks for your response.

EN

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehovah is all knowing....he gave them your address!

• red21
    red21

They are shining new light on your address!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I have not had my visit yet from an elder.

I tell jws when they call that I was one.

I have been waiting for an elders visit, but nothing - zero contact by them, that's the way I prefer it any way

Sorry I went off topic there a wee bit

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I can imagine a bunch of pioneers sitting aroung writing letters like this and counting their time.

More like pio-losers.

Are they including their return addresses? If so, send letters in their name to Watchtower saying that they don't buy their 607BCE arguments.

• El Nunya
    El Nunya
    Are they including their return addresses? If so, send letters in their name to Watchtower saying that they don't buy their 607BCE arguments.

No, they are putting the address of their local KH. I'm sure they don't want me having their personal address!

Cheers!

• willyloman
    willyloman

This sounds the letter writing facet of FS that the WTS introduced 15 years ago or so. The dubs buy a mailing list of names and addresses of everyone who resides in a given postal zone (widely available for sale or rent). We used to meet at my house at 7 in the morning and write letters one morning a week. Some of dubs left around 9 to attend the meeting for FS at the KH, but others stayed on or another hour or so and wrote more letters. It provided two or three hours of FS once a week while drinking coffee and chatting with the friends and produced almost no results. Many of the pioneers were there every week. It was an easy 10-12 hours a month for them.

The return address was always the local KH, as recommended by the WTS for security reasons.

• El Nunya
    El Nunya
    The return address was always the local KH, as recommended by the WTS for security reasons.

Seems to be a nuisance mission. If possible I believe they would change to a liquid form so they could invade your home through the cracks of doors or windows!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit