Tuxedo Park, NY: WT pays 3.2M for building

by AndersonsInfo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Watchtower-Bible-and-Tract-Society-of-NY-Pay-$32M-for-Flex-Building/132207

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of NY Pay $3.2M for Flex Building

International Paper Company Sells Research and Development Facility in Tuxedo Park By Erica Doll September 21, 2011

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, a non-profit association, acquired the flex building in Tuxedo Park, NY from International Paper for $3.2 million, or about $17 per square foot.

The building was delivered in 1969 at 1422 Long Meadow Road. It totals about 184,900 square feet on 50 acres in the Orange County Industrial submarket.

RJ Smith from R.J. Smith Realty represented the buyer. Stephen Perfit and Peter Malone from Pyramid Hudson Valley NY Brokerage represented the seller.

• Gayle
    Gayle

what a 'racket,' all their buying and selling and major construction and re-construction, with free labor and donations of most their rank and file who eking out a living.

The picture of the building above and surroundings look quite paradisaic for them of course. (is that flag pole they'll have to take down?)

• designs
    designs

They are quite proud of themselves with their Real Estate business.

They miss the boat not turning Bethel Homes into Senior Living centers.

• nateb
    nateb

I gave them many thousands in free labor and talent. But they'd charge me for the "practice" if they could.

Good to see things clearly now.

• Diest
    Diest

I wonder if this is a good deal for the WTS....I am sure international paper loves them, who else wastes so much paper?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, a non-profit association

LOL! That made me bust a gut!

-Sab

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for posting this ! It will be interesting to see what part of Bethel this will become. I thought I read somewhere they would use this as a construction base for the new complex to be built at Warwick.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Money is nothing that the WT wizards are short on. Facts, love, and other benefits are another story though.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The end is near therefore we need to buy more real estate.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats Bethels new Armagedon bunker, it comes with an escape submarine, and "Cool-aid" fountain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit