Child Health — Watchtower deception!

by Marvin Shilmer 13 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

exactly sizemik - exactly.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

sizemik writes:

“When I was a JW . . . I took them at their word . . . attributed intellectual honesty to them by default. I trusted them.”

Which is precisely what Watchtower’s Governing Body asks the community of Jehovah’s Witnesses to do.

Then Watchtower’s Governing Body abuses that trust.

Marvin Shilmer

• Scully
    Scully

Just recall WT's position on truth-telling:

While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it. - Insight on the Scriptures, Volume II, pp. 244, 245 (heading: LIE).

The average JW does not realize that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses - the very individuals they are entrusting their lives, and the lives of their children to - do not respect them enough to consider them 'entitled to truthful information'.

That quotation was one of the most important discoveries I made about the religion that I almost died in childbirth for. The sense of betrayal I felt over that realization was enormous.

• sizemik
    sizemik

* The sense of betrayal. *

That nails it for me . . .

It's the one thing that never quite seems to go away . . . and I doubt it ever will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit