For AllTimeJeff on JW Accountability

by compound complex 10 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Jeff:

My post on your thread re: JW Accountability does not display, at least on my screen. In any event, I felt you would find this older Awake! quotation interesting. Speaking from 2 sides of their mouth ...

ATJ:

Hi there! You may find this oldie to be a goodie:

IF YOUR CHURCH FAILS TO ACT, WILL YOU?

"If, after making an honest investigation, you are LESS THAN PLEASED with what you see, do more than just COMPLAIN. A journalist, while commenting on Karl Barth's statement that a church is its members, logically concluded: 'Church members...are responsible for what the church says and does.' So ask yourself: Am I willing to share responsibility for EVERYTHING my church says and does? Can I really be proud of having all its members as spiritual brothers?" [CC emphasis]

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/125673/1/Church-members-are-responsible-AWAKE-9-8-87-pp-10-11

• Farkel
    Farkel

coco,

I've spoken with ATJeff. He is a pleasant fellow and a fair fellow. It's always nice to know someone who is open and willing to take in new stuff and benefit from it. Unfortunately, that sort of attitude is alien to the female of the species. Their minds were made up in 5th grade and frozen in time and they take it to their graves.

I can prove this.....

Heh, heh.

Farkel

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello, Farkel:

If I were in the UK, I wouldn't touch your statement with a pair of tongs; however, as I live in the States, allow me to employ, instead, a ten-foot pole!

Bonsoir, mon ami.

CoCo le Diplomat

• sizemik
    sizemik

Farkel . . . let me guess . . . it's on account of their smaller brains right?

• talesin
    talesin

LMFAO

t /

* Farkel, you devil, you! *

• talesin
    talesin

... and Sizemik

SMACKDOWN!!!

btw,,, you have a PM

t

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There once was a fellow named farkel

who's words were decidedly snarkel

with his foot in his mouth

his words tumbled south

with a bite that was merely a barkel

• sizemik
    sizemik

LMFAO Nancy Drew!

That belongs in the hall of fame . . . along with Farkel of course.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, dear Nancy and Sizemik, for your pert analyses of Sir Farkelesque ...

Any thoughts on the original post?!?!?!?

With loads of gratitude,

CoCo

• sizemik
    sizemik

Apologies CoCo . . . that was a fast piece of hijacking.

Even the '87 date is surprising . . . I guess even the JW's only see it as one-way traffic.

You can't shout your hypocrisy much louder than that.

There are no mirrors in WT world . . . and we see things so clearly on reflection.

Complain? . . . that's just silly really. Even a child can see the double talk.

Foolish foolish thinking . . . let alone put down in words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit