I was looking through some old notes and I remembered how dull the meetings were

by gubberningbody 11 Replies latest jw friends

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

My usual M.O. as a kid when doing assembles and conventions was to take like 3/4 of a full page of notes as fast as I could. These notes were basically me just writing down whatever word the speaker happened to be saying at the time, regardless of what it was or if it relatd to what I just got done writing. Add random punctuation and write a few bible verses. One hand on notepad, other on chin, ZZZZzzzzz.... wake up, eat lunch, repeat during afternoon. Go home, bang head against wall.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I didn't need any damn notes to realize how stupid the boasting sessions were. You go through the same basic outlines--the story about our supposed fall from perfection, tie-ins of various Bible characters to what we are supposed to be doing, ways to give up anything fun so you can pio-sneer, and so on. I actually think decorating for Halloween and/or Christmas is more entertaining--and fun for others to observe than any boasting session parts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit