Would you be in a relationship with expiration date??

by Dudu 10 Replies latest social relationships

• Dudu
    Dudu

People usually start relationships with the posibility of lasting,,,,, my question is, if a person would die/travel/ get too sick, in a short period , lets say 1 or 2 years, would you still date him/her?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If I know that she is terminally ill, I would not date her. I would not tell her that I would not date her. I would just be very respectful to her.

• agent zero
    agent zero

that's an interesting question, but it depends entirely on the situation, the reason it can't last, who the person in question is, what kind of relationship you're looking for and what the other person wants.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm not sure what kind of person who knows they are terminally ill would want to bring someone into their lives to go through that. Seems kinda cruel. If I was already dating someone and then they found out, I would stick through it though. My brothers girlfriend just found out she has cancer again and has decided against chemo. She is young but she already went through it once and refuses to do it again. She decided to end the relationship with my brother because she didn't want to put him through that.

• Lore
    Lore

The question does not contain enough information. . . is this person wealthy?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

ALL relationships have an expiration date.... you just dont know when it is.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Until I met my wife, ALL of my relationships had an expiration date. I would have had it no other way. Usually I'd break up just before Xmas so I wouldn't have to buy them anything. Date someone else from Xmas to just before valentines day. Date someone else from just after valentine's day until their birthday or the next Xmas whichever came first. I was quite an operator. LOL those were the days.........

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ew, that's not very nice. Guess you had to do that to find your wife.

I would stick it out if I was already in the relationship, but I would not begin one with a known soon to be expiration date.

Forrest Gump marrying Jenny comes to mind.

He knew she was sick but he was already in love with her for many years.

I think that despite his money, I'd have married Forrest.

He's the epitomy of all that is good and pure.

• Dudu
    Dudu

Is not about specific situation, but that day i was thinkiing as @cyberjesus said ... all relationship have expiration date, we just dont know when .... And I wanted to hear opinions :P

• Awen
    Awen

I think I see what you're getting at. Why is it JW's serve God with dates in mind? Why are they so obsessed with the date of Christ's return?

If you truly love someone then you should date them until your last breath or until the relationship ends (something that may not be in your control).

At least you have done your part.

Same thing with any relationship. Your nurture it and love it more than yourself. IF the relationship still ends despite all the effort you put into it then it's time to move on and find someone who will appreciate you for yourself and not what you can give them (without them giving much in return. Sounds a lot like the WTS).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit