When two or more congregations meet at the same Kingdom Hall, do they change the times and days of the meetings in September or in January?

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I am in the USA, but I am not sure if it is worldwide thing too.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

The Kingdom Hall I used to attend was shared with three congregations. The meetings on a Sunday were held at 10 a.m., 1pm and 4pm. Every two years the congregations would switch, i.e. those that had been meeting at 10 a.m. would now change to 1pm, those who had met at 1pm would now meet at 4pm and the 4pm congregation would then move to 10 a.m.

As I say, this changed every two years in January.

We found the 1pm difficult because of cooking our Sunday roast so we continued to attend at 10 a.m. when the congregation we had been attending moved to 1pm. In fact, this helped with our fade as when we met people from our congregation we were able to say that we still attended at 10 am which we did for a while but then when we stopped attending completely no-one really missed us.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

What country are you in?

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Sorry, forgot to say, England.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thanks!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Historically here in the USA our meetings change every January when multiple halls meet in one building.

• blondie
    blondie

In my area of the US the congregations only switch times on Sunday at January, not on Tuesday or Thursday for the CBS, school, and service meeting.

• St George of England
    St George of England

*** km 5/76 p. 6 How Do You View Your Kingdom Hall? ***

Some congregations find that rotating times of meetings, or offering to do so every year or so, is desirable. Good communication and cooperation contribute to mutual understanding and contentment, without the feeling developing that one congregation has certain advantages all of the time. Good cooperation is also needed in connection with meetings during the circuit overseer’s visit, weddings, etc.

Here in the UK we rotate on 1 January each year for the Public talk/WT. We do not rotate for Tuesday/Thursday night meeting except during the week of the CO visit, when the host congregation uses the hall Tues and Thurs and the other congregation uses it on Wednesday evening.

George

• cedars
    cedars

Yep, it's January

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit